Marriott's Frenchman's Cove
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$202
$196
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$145
$99
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$100
$96
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
$224
TripAdvisor
Bluebeard's Castle Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
1,483 results
All reviewsjohn buildingtortola buildingbedroom villasea urchinsthe pool beach areamarriott hotel next doorst thomasfull kitchenjost van dykegourmet gallerymarriott timesharereef hotelwasher and dryerwater shoesrented a cartrunk baytime share
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 weeks in a 2 bedroom 2 bath villa and it was amazing. The view is breathtaking, the accommodations and the staff make for a perfect vacation. The pool and beach practically meet. There is a ferry into Charlotte Amalie that leaves from the dock a few steps from your villa.
The Marriott hotel is a short hop away with several restaurants, a spa and more pools!!!! Put this one on your list.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Aaaaaawwww
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just came back from a 1 week stay at the Cove. It was incredible. From the time I arrived I met with Kaneesha. She was friendly and hospitable. On check-in t he room wasn't ready so I went down to the restaurant with my pre-bought lunch n was told it was ok to grab one of the tables at the restaurant to sit n have lunch. Not halfway with my lunch the front desk called to inform me that the room was ready. Gorgeous 2 bed 2 baths a view to die for and clean accommodations.
I had requested a 4th floor with a view--all the rooms have a view by the way-Mr. Wilcox was a real professional he made sure my say there was as it should be-exceptional! Stayed in the St Johns building. I did the karaoke night, dinner @ the pool -happy hour and just relaxed

Room Tip: the St johns building was quiet and had a complete view of the ocean- I was on the 3rd dfloor
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Pufffpuff
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I am a Marriott platinum owner with a timeshare in Maui, Hawaii. I had never been to the Caribbean but had only heard good things. So we took the red eye out of San Diego to take full advantage of the Saturday to Saturday stay. What luck to arrive right in time for the Carnival parade. We spent the rest of the week exploring the Island (s), toasting our good fortune to be here with the many delicious flavors of Rum made right there in St Thomas and literally floating our cares away in the warm salty waters in front of the resort.
We rented a car that was both a blessing and a curse. The mountain roads are like those old Avocado roads that wind around the mountains except you drive on the left! Seriously the road to our sacred Hana on Maui was like a super highway in comparison.

Our only real complaint was that we had to leave.

(note) This resort is small and intimate so if it's big beaches and crowds of guests your looking for then forget it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were respected by ALL employees. Keith, at the bar, started us off with such great service. Christy, our concierge couldn't have been more helpful. All the shuttle van drivers. I don't think I ever walked by someone that didn't acknowledge me always making us feel special. A special thank you to Andrew Blansfield, Front Desk Manager, for all his help prior to our arrival. The pool is great and the activities vary for all ages. We had a two bedroom unit on the 5th floor of the Virgin Gorda building. Perfect view. Starting sometime this summer they will be changing the decor in the rooms and it should be beautiful. We only had two elevators to get to the pool. One less than if you were in the St. John's building or the Crown House. These were the positives. The negatives were: the prices are high at the Marketplace for small staples you might need. $5.95 for a doz. of eggs, $5.95 for a half pound of bacon, $8.95 for half gallon of OJ, $10.00 for a drink at the bar(wait for happy hour- 2 for 1). Cab prices are per person. We paid $12.00 per person from the airport, $6.00 to downtown, and $10.00 for a trip to Magen's Bay ( a must for a relaxing day at the beach). We were thinking of renting a car but decided not to. Driving on the opposite side wasn't something that we were comfortable with. Bring bug spray. We all got bit at night. Things to do: An island tour with Ali for $35 pp is a must if you have never been to the island. Restaurants: Room with a View, Bella Blu, Coco Joe's These were ones we ate at. There are other good ones. Your concierge will tell you what days the cruise ships come in. We were at the end of high season so towards the end of the week there weren't any cruise ships and that means some business places close. Shopping hours 9 to 5. Would we return, yes. Now that I know some things I could save some money just by making a few smart moves ( going grocery shopping for the week, and possibly renting a car.). One tip - depends on the time of the year you travel - when you leave the airport you hear them announce be at the airport 3 hrs before your flight - we were there 2 hours before and sat around. So to sum it up The Cove is a beautiful resort with a good location and lots of amenities.

Room Tip: The higher the better. Virgin Gorda good location.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
14  Thank SisPa
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at this resort. The staff goes out of their way to make you feel at home and well taken care of. We will definitely be going back. We loved the live music while we lounged on one of the hammocks. They have wonderful all you can eat breakfast buffet Fri-Sun. 8-11am. It's about $21 per person but they have $2 off coupons for the buffet that you can ask for when you arrive.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple