The property is light and airy with ample common area for the four guest rooms. Both the common areas and rooms are clean and well maintained.
• Pam and Matt are exceptional B&B hosts - attentive, available yet unobtrusive, very hospitable, and friendly;
• Motel style layout allows each room a separate entry from a secured courtyard giving privacy, security, and freedom of access;
• Breakfast is a culinary work of art! This is not your run-of-the-mill continental fare. Pam prepares a chef quality, creative, delicious meal;
• Amazing view of the harbor and surrounding township;
• Close to downtown and easy (day time) walk for anyone in average shape.
• Breakfast is served promptly at 8:30 a.m. and you get what is served (no buffet or menu) but Pam will accommodate special requests made in advance;
• Located on steep hill: be prepared to manage your own luggage. Given the owner's wonderful disposition I'd guess that they would try to help if needed;
• Not kid oriented - they allow children over 12 yrs but this is really a relaxed adult environment;
• Not handicapped accessible nor by for anyone with limited mobility;
• No safe place to dine within walking distance at night - take a cab or stay and starve. We could not find pizza/food delivery for evening meals and it is just not safe to walk to any restaurants (at night);
• The a/c units in the bedrooms are much noisier than typical.
The cons outweigh the pros above in number only and consider the unique environment of the facility. This is a wonderful and well run B&B. Stay and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Home in the Tropics is a lovingly restored historic Bed and Breakfast overlooking Charlotte Amalie harbor. A former colonial Danish barracks, each room features a view of the harbor and access to the main courtyard, pool and lounge areas. All rooms include air conditioning, a refrigerator, cooler, and beach towels. Nestled in a quiet neighborhood between the Government House Steps and the Historic 99 Steps, we are a short walk to the best local shops and restaurants. We feature fresh, homemade breakfasts made with local ingredients each day. Included in your room price is breakfast, parking, pool access, and wifi. There are no additional charges. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- At Home In The Tropics Bed And Breakfast Inn St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands