“One of the best experiences ever!”

OnDeck Ocean Racing
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and race an authentic ocean-going yacht in the spectacular blue waters of the Caribbean. Under the supervision of our professional crew you can trim a sail, grind a winch, helm the boat or just sit back and enjoy the ride. No experience necessary.
MN
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“One of the best experiences ever!”
Reviewed January 2, 2010

My family of four, including my 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter, did this excursion in December and we had such a great time! None of us had ever sailed so it was educational, too. There were 6 "passengers" on the boat along with 2 employees. They gave each of us a job to do and then we practiced in the bay for awhile until the race started. We raced against 3 other On Deck yachts and it was so much fun! Very active and thrilling. After the race we sailed around the harbor and everyone got a chance to take the steering wheel and to enjoy the beautiful view. I think this was one of the best excursions I have ever been on, and every member of my family felt the same way!

RTP NC
“OnDeck is awsome!”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

Such a great experience! Spencer and Johnny were so kind to us nonsailors! They made everything so great - we are telling everyone we know to do this. Beth provided us with a wonderful flashdrive of photos - I still don't know how Johnny was able to take them while trying to help us! If you only do one thing, this is it.

zimdanen
“Best Experience Ever”
Reviewed December 23, 2009

We did the St. Thomas Ocean Race tour through Holland America Line this December, and Tom and Johnny (and Kelly) made sure that this was the best time I've ever had. I want to go sailing again and again. The Farr 40 is an awesome boat, and OnDeck is an awesome experience. I would recommend this to any and everybody. The learning is easy and the sailing is fantastic.

midland, tx
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fantastic tour”
Reviewed December 20, 2009

When we stopped in St. Thomas while sailing on Holland America's beautiful m/s Eurodam we were lucky enough to participate in the On Deck Racing tour. This tour was fantastic. We sailed on 40ft boats and our team won. It was so fun to actually participate in the racing and not just set back and watch. Book this tour early as it sold out last time we cruised. Next time we make it to Saint Thomas we will participate in this excursion again. I asked what ages of children this tour is appropriate for and was told 12 and up unless the child is very athletic and then 10 and up.

South Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome experience, if your in St Thomas don't miss this trip!”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Whilst cruising with Carnival around the Carribbean, one of the excursions was to St Thomas, where I had booked a trip to go racing a 40' sail boat, with ONDECK.
As a occasional day sailor, I was looking for some fun, what I got was AWESOME, haven't stopped smiling since. Captain Tom and mate Matt, were informative, telling us all aboout the FARR 40 boats, helpfull, all of our training was done at our speed, yet they soon built a great team on our boat.
When Tom directed us, the crew to put the boat into its first tack and the boat became one with the wind, WHAT A BUZZ, A truely awesome day.

If you are lucky enough to get to St Thomas and you don't go racing with ONDECK, then you have missed a truely memorable trip.
I am 50 and drive a desk, my other 2 shipmates where a lot younger, yet we all had a great time. DONT THiNK ABOUT IT DO IT.