“Great dive”

Underwater Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Operating since 1985, Underwater Adventure is a PADI Gold Palm Instructor development Center Resort Facility with a record for safety unequaled by any other organization. The dive boats are U.S. Coast Guard inspected driven by a licensed captains, and all instructors are PADI-trained with years of experience leading both certified and non-certified divers.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great dive”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Had an awesome time, great staff and amazing dive! The boats were well maintained and the equipment was top of the line.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Wchaseh

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Marvelous dive, crew, customer service, and overall experience!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We had an awesome day with Underwater Safaris, a truly hassle free, conveniently organized, and very reasonably priced package. The captain Sean was very informative (and really funny) answered all of our questions about the island and was an excellent tour guide. The instructor Jim was definitely patient with us, and accommodated the time constraints we had due to our ship's departure time. The diver in training, Chadd, took awesome care of us he was hustling the entire time, but with a smile ! I would recommend Underwater Safaris to anyone in the USVI !!!

1 Thank Malayna B
Wake Forest, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Awesome diving trip"”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

As i was planning a recent trip to St.Thomas, we decided to go scuba diving. There were 4 adults, two of us had been diving a couple times.The other two had never been. I called Underwater Safaris and spoke with Chad. He was very helpful and completely flexible with our schedule!!! Good customer service like that is hard to find anymore. The minute we walked into Underwater Safaris and met "the crew" I knew it was gonna be fun! Our instructor, Jim was very knowledgeable and patient with our gang. Once we entered the water the 2 less experienced people on our trip were getting very nervous and feeling uncomfortable about diving. Jim literally held their hands and took them under water just a little to show them they could do this. It worked and they both had an awesome dive!!! Our Captain, Jerry, was awesome as well! We ran into him in a surf-shop later that day and ended up hanging out with him that night. He took us to several local bars and showed us a great time filled with lots of laughter and great memories. I can't say enough positive things about this group of guys. If you find yourselves in St. Thomas...look them up!!!!!

1 Thank RHandly2013
Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Want a Dive Center that actually cares, they do”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We always make our way to Underwater Safaris when we are in St Thomas and they always take great care of us. The folks understand the needs of a new diver and the expectations of a very experienced diver and work to exceed your expectations. Besides the Crab t-shirts being a great conversation starter later. Thanks again guys!

3 Thank bandhtampa
Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Excellent Dive Experience”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently I had the opportunity to travel on Oasis of the Seas and participate in an underwater excursion (Discover Scuba)with Underwater Safaris. Without a doubt this was one of the top 3 excursions I have ever taken on a cruise and I have been cruising for over 15 years. Greg, Chase, Sean and Shawn were phenomenal and made the experience fun, adventurous and definitely a must do when in St Thomas. While you won't get PADI certified, this is the perfect opportunity to have some fun, meet some wonderful instructors and determine if PADI certification is in your future. I know for me and the 4 others in my party, we are all getting PADI certified as a result of this experience.

Greg, Shawn and Chase as instructors were knowledgable and patient with rookies, and Sean as the captain of the boat was not only well suited for his role but a pleasure to just hang out with. In fact, we had so much fun with them, that we later met them at their "Locals" hang out and shared a few beers with me buying the first round.

Overall there was nothing I can say that was a down side to this excursion except that it didn't last long enough. The one thing I can say is that they have a repeat customer. Next time I am in St Thomas, I will definitely be diving with these guys again only this time as a PADI certified diver.

Visited May 2013