“Want a Dive Center that actually cares, they do”

Underwater Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Operating since 1985, Underwater Adventure is a PADI Gold Palm Instructor development Center Resort Facility with a record for safety unequaled by any other organization. The dive boats are U.S. Coast Guard inspected driven by a licensed captains, and all instructors are PADI-trained with years of experience leading both certified and non-certified divers.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We always make our way to Underwater Safaris when we are in St Thomas and they always take great care of us. The folks understand the needs of a new diver and the expectations of a very experienced diver and work to exceed your expectations. Besides the Crab t-shirts being a great conversation starter later. Thanks again guys!

3  Thank bandhtampa
"minute boat ride"
"nice reef"
"great scuba"

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Recently I had the opportunity to travel on Oasis of the Seas and participate in an underwater excursion (Discover Scuba)with Underwater Safaris. Without a doubt this was one of the top 3 excursions I have ever taken on a cruise and I have been cruising for over 15 years. Greg, Chase, Sean and Shawn were phenomenal and made the experience fun, adventurous and definitely a must do when in St Thomas. While you won't get PADI certified, this is the perfect opportunity to have some fun, meet some wonderful instructors and determine if PADI certification is in your future. I know for me and the 4 others in my party, we are all getting PADI certified as a result of this experience.

Greg, Shawn and Chase as instructors were knowledgable and patient with rookies, and Sean as the captain of the boat was not only well suited for his role but a pleasure to just hang out with. In fact, we had so much fun with them, that we later met them at their "Locals" hang out and shared a few beers with me buying the first round.

Overall there was nothing I can say that was a down side to this excursion except that it didn't last long enough. The one thing I can say is that they have a repeat customer. Next time I am in St Thomas, I will definitely be diving with these guys again only this time as a PADI certified diver.

2  Thank JMcCartin
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first time diving and going to St. Thomas and I can't say enough! I did my research on here before I went and thought Underwater Safaris was a great place to dive. I called ahead and talked to there staff which were very helpful. I told them I was staying at the Marriott and they offered to pick my fiance and I up. We did the discover scuba dive which was a great experience and great intro to first time divers. Our instructor helped out with any questions we had before we got into the water. Once we got into the water he made sure our equipment was working properly and that everything is ok. Once we went diving it was amazing we saw a lot of fish, sea turtle, and went by a wrecked ship. After we were done diving we had such a great time and wanted to see what it takes to get certified as we are going to Hawaii in February for our honeymoon. We talked to them and they were able to fit us into one of there classes. Our instructor Jim was so helpful and made getting certified and diving a lot easier. From Discover Dive to doing a certified dive what a difference as you see a lot more and know what your doing. If you have to pick a dive shop Underwater Safaris is where to go for a first time dive or getting certified! Great Service A+++

2  Thank PatrickPage
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We signed up for this discovery tour via Celebrity. Seems the cruise ships have a monopoly. In case you can sign up with them directly, they were just walking distance from the port where the cruise ships dock. We paid Celebrity $109/person.

This was an AWESOME experience for a first timer, like we all were. My son, who is 12 and with a heightened sense of self-preservation and who kept muttering that we will die before the dive, actually enjoyed himself tremendously and wants now to be certified as a scuba diver. (Note, child must be at least 12 years old to participate.) It starts by having a quick teaching session while on the boat (barely can hear, but with the good size visual aid - not a problem). The boat brings you to an island a short distance away. They supply you with all the gear. The dive was from 20 to 40 ft. An instructor will give you a quick lesson on how to handle the gear. She took each one of us individually for a few minutes to make sure each one knows what to do. (One advice, don't forget to breathe. First time I tried it (was just barely under the water), I had to go up because was running out of air. Breathing is the key.) We were brought into an area where there was a sunken ship.

There was another group of 3 that our instructor had to bring down. Seems she can only bring 3 or 4 down at a time. Thus, we had some time to snorkel as well. (Note, we were warned to not touch those black prickly thinks or those orange corals. Will hurt really bad!! Actually they don't want you to touch anything while diving. )

It was such a great experience that we are all planning to get certified and really learn to scuba dive.

Note, the store has a waterproof camera that you can purchase. I think it was $19.00. Worth it. We have underwater pictures. Not great, but shows all of us still.

Will definitely do this again!

2  Thank rrkkjones
See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2013

being an employee aboard a cruise ship, i find myself being extremely critical when it comes to rating my experiences with different companies and the way they treat their guests. i first went to underwater safaris because of their location - literally a stone's throw from the gangway of the ship. then, i took a business card and began e-mailing to set up my first dive. being certified, i wanted my family to experience what it is that i do - so i set up a discover scuba dive for my family and girlfriend for when they came to visit over new year's. my family still talks about the hospitality of the crew that day! then, a couple months later, i sent an e-mail asking if there was a spot available to dive for my last day in st. thomas. indeed, there was - so i tagged along. there, i was amazed to see several sea turtles, sting ray, ship wrecks, and the most colorful coral i've ever seen while diving. i've also had experience purchasing a dive watch from the dive store they are attached to, which was also an A+ experience.

i can honestly say that this has been the most hassle-free company i have ever had the privilege to dive with, not to mention the most professional. i also appreciate the passion the crew and employees have for diving - it creates an entirely new and exciting environment altogether when you work with people who love what they do! it makes you love doing it with them that much more! i will definitely be looking them up again when i come back to st. thomas.

thank you so much chad, and thank you underwater safaris!

DIVE ON!