“Great place!”

Greengos Caribbean Cantina
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Greengo's Caribbean Cantina serves Authentic Sonoran Style Mexican Cuisine featuring Beef, Pork, Chicken, Shrimp and Fish in Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Cantina Bowls and Salads, or over Nachos. In the bar is our Famous Tequila Wall and Rum Wall, as well as our Oak Barrel aged House Blend of each. Our Full bar also serves up all of your frozen favorites. Open 7 days.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stumbled upon this restaurant while in Charlotte Amalie for 2 days. Great atmosphere! Large selection of tequila and some being their own infused. Delicious! Also ordered some nachos which were also great. Would have loved to stay for dinner, but we weren't able to work it in to our time schedule. They also bottle their own hot sauce..came home with both the hot sauce & tequila. Would definitely go back again next time we're on the island!

4  Thank sandra k

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Decided to give this place a try today to see if it would quench our fix for some mexican food.

The menu is limited and they really seem to focus on the bar aspect. They have Burritos, Tacos, Quesadillas and a bowl option.

First the cons:
Their salsa was not that good.
They do not have only white meat chicken (they have a mix which to me means mainly dark meat)
The bill arrives with a gratuity already included. Fine. Hand over the Credit Card and the bill comes preauthoized for the gratuity included rate. Not Fine. (there were only 2 of us)
Only open during the shopping hours

Now the pros:
Close by.
Decent atmosphere.
Quick service.

Its ok like I stated. I will probably return in the future just because its so much closer than going to the other side of the island.

1  Thank psychocabbage
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were there on 2/6/14 after taking a ferry over to St. John and found the food was expensive thought we would run into St. Thomas before getting back onto the Carnival Breeze. Ordered the nacho's and added beef $13 large portion. They were very yummy, with two types of beans, slaw of some type on it. Mind you would have never ordered something like that but once you get new things on islands. You try it. Very very good. Also ordered the pina colada but requested it to be an Almanetto instead of rum. After having them on St. Martin wanted to repeat that favor for sure, my new found love in drinks. Very sweet gal waited on us. The restaurant was one of the alley ways from the main street off the ocean and between the main shopping strip. Heads up - Bathroom had two stalls but one main door so both sexes share the same restroom. So you may want to check before going in. Great prices!!

4  Thank Robin S
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Craving some Mexican food and found Greengos! The loaded nachos are the best I have had in over 20 years....and I know my nachos!! layer upon layer of cheese, beans, corn, peppers, more cheese....yup..pretty awesome.. Service fantastic.

4  Thank ccsixpack
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Every time I go, I'm fortunate to get a table. This place is always packed and for a good reason! Their margaritas are awesome and the food is better than any other Mexican (or Tex Mex) on the island. Definitely try the ghost pepper salsa! It's super spicy but still tasty. This is definitely one of my favorite places to go. I just wish they were open at night, every night!!

4  Thank Erbodyhatezcris