“BEST TACO JOINT IN ST. THOMAS”

Greengos Caribbean Cantina
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night
Description: Greengo's Caribbean Cantina serves Authentic Sonoran Style Mexican Cuisine featuring Beef, Pork, Chicken, Shrimp and Fish in Tacos, Burritos, Quesadillas, Cantina Bowls and Salads, or over Nachos. In the bar is our Famous Tequila Wall and Rum Wall, as well as our Oak Barrel aged House Blend of each. Our Full bar also serves up all of your frozen favorites. Open 7 days.
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Smack dab in the heart of downtown Charlotte Amalie, this new restaurant delivers great Mexican food at great prices. The Beef tacos are the best I've had in well over a decade on the island.

The staff was very responsive and courteous.

1  Thank hjc2121

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were stoked for some mexican food and tried this place. Our server was obviously having a bad day as we didn't get so much as a smile. From the very beginning it seemed as if she had something else on her mind.
The fish tacos were very fishy. I know that sounds funny, but they were overly fishy. The portion size was great, and so was the price, but that didn't cominsate for the service or taste.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm from southern California and know my Mexican food. I've been to a few "Mexican" resteraunts on the island and found them to be a joke. An expensive joke at that. When I heard about Greengos I thought I'd give it a shot. Finally! Someone who knows and understands Mexican food. Big portions, fun atmosphere, great prices, and a great staff. Highly recommend this place to anyone looking for delicious authentic Mexican food.

3  Thank NickG949
Reviewed December 2, 2012

There are many restaurants in downtown and Greengos is far and away the best. The Owners are very friendly and the food is excellent. I've told many people to try it out and it's been unanimous on how much we all like this place.

2  Thank Sflip09
Reviewed November 30, 2012

If you stumble in to Greengos or stumble out, or both... I promise the experience will be one to remember. The food, the service, the infused tequila... It's hard to say what makes this place so special that it stands out. But all I know is everytime I go to Greengos, I can't wait to go back. An absolute must for any visitor. If you live here and haven't been, your just dumb and need to get yourself together.

2  Thank islandhopper340