“Best snorkeling, Willy T's, and Soggy Dollar” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Caribbean Blue Boat Charters Day Tours

Caribbean Blue Boat Charters Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Virgin Islands, The Pulse Of The Caribbean "Voted one of the boating Meccas of the world"Enter a world of unsurpassed pristine beauty! 74 Island Wonders, surrounded by natural beauty, strewn with secluded beaches. Caribbean Blue Boat Charters is precisely the charter company to provide the most unforgettable experience in one of the worlds best kept secrets. Caribbean Blue offers 35ft Marlins equipped with the latest equipment and comforts, piloted by the best experienced licensed captains the islands have to offer. Our private charters have no schedule or agenda! It's your canvas to design your masterpiece of wonder!
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best snorkeling, Willy T's, and Soggy Dollar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great experience. Would have never seem the snorkeling areas any other way. Captain Dave and Chris took good care of us. A couple of us get motion sick but Dave took it easy and made the trip very enjoyable. Could not of ask for any better people to show us these spots. The Willy T is a must for lunch and the Soggy Dollar is another relaxing destination. They took pictures of us with their underwater camera and posted on facebook for us to capture. Chris is also took pictures of fish and coral that captured our memories of the day. I would recommend this charter to anyone who has never charter a boat before and wants to see some cool areas. The boat was nice, clean, and new. I would do this again, and again, and again.

Visited January 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DON'T MISS OUT ON BEST DAY EVER!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was definitely the best and most memorable day of our vacation, all because of Captain Dave and Chris! If you're looking for a day of laughter and relaxation, and of course beautiful surroundings, don't look any further. The boat was beautiful and they knew exactly where to take us. Dave and Chris are the only way to go. Not only were they unbelievably accommodating, they are definitely the coolest dudes on the island. We actually miss these guys.

Potomac, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Perfect Day with Caribbean Blue Boat Charters!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We just arrived home from 7 days in St.Thomas and our day with our family of 9 with Captain Dave and Chris was excellent. The weather, the new boat,and crew could not have been better. He extended our trip by 45 mins due to delays with the customs at the BVI's and boy did I love the underwater camera he allowed us to use free of charge and eating at One Love! The pics he downloaded on facebook were worth every penny of our trip! Great trip and exceeded my expectations by far! Thanks Dave and Chris!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Captain, Great Boat, Great Trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

For those who prefer a short-and-sweet review here it is:

*Captain Dave gave our family the best day of our vacation, and we are already talking about using the services of Caribbean Blue Boat Charters again and where we would like to venture out to next!

For those who prefer additional detail (like me), here it is:

First, a short background on the four of us involved in the trip. While I spent many weekends of my youth on a 28 foot boat off the shores of Long Island, my wife and in-laws have never been on a boat trip like this like this before. We’ve done the big boat excursions on other vacations, but we opted to go on this adventure mainly because of the flexibility followed by privacy. With this in mind, it was a thrill for me to relive my childhood, grinning throughout the day, as I was the nudge in getting my wife and her parents to be “on board” with this idea.

Captain Dave was punctual in meeting us at our designated time, and was patient with us as we had a number of questions regarding where to go, snorkeling activities, where to have lunch, places to visit, etc. We had a few ideas in mind, but also looked to our Captain’s expertise for some tips. At this point, I realized how easy-going Captain Dave was, and once we had a general route mapped out we were on our way.

We headed over to St. John, looking at the breathtaking views of the island, its homes and beaches from the opposite viewpoint we had at the beaches of Trunk Bay one day earlier. We stopped at Watermelon Cay, where we did some snorkeling (gear provided, and yes it was disinfected) in pristine waters. We originally did not plan on snorkeling, but two of the four of us jumped in to experience the beautiful fish in calm waters.

After snorkeling we traveled to our next stop, Tortola (B.V.I.), where we encountered some waves in the windy Caribbean Sea that were minor but exhilarating to experience. Although they were nervous at first our newly crowned “mates” were fine as Captain Dave always looked to see how everyone in the boat was holding up, again, demonstrating his professionalism and concern for everyone aboard (which he did throughout the entire day).

Soon after, it was back across the Caribbean Sea as we headed over to Sandy Spit, the uninhabited island off the east end of Jost Van Dyke. With our life vests on, our family was able to swim from the boat to the shore, as Captain Dave managed to take a number of photos of us on this gem of an island. An incredible experience – be sure to take your waterproof camera with you if you plan on stopping here!

Once we got back on the boat, it was off to Jost Van Dyke. After customs (don’t forget your passports), we headed over to Foxy’s in the Great Harbour for lunch and some shopping, and then over to White Bay where the Soggy Dollar is located. With time on our hands, we decided to venture over to Norman Island but had an unanticipated weather pattern with strong winds and rain about halfway through our journey. Captain Dave offered up the option of staying the course (and thus getting drenched) or to visit another place that he recommended for us. As this was my family’s first time on a boat it was my hunch they prefer to stay dry if given the option, so we went with Captain Dave’s recommendation to take a detour and head to Buck Island, south of St. Thomas, to watch sea turtles as the sun went down.

As our day winded down, I noticed that my family members, the same people who were nervous earlier in the morning about their first time boating, had a look on their faces that was priceless. Our day encapsulated boating, snorkeling, swimming to a desolate island, eating lunch with drinks such as the Painkiller (you’ll find out what that is once you’re down here), and hanging out with some turtles in calmer waters – this experience was indeed the highlight of our vacation in St. Thomas.

I wanted to take the time to share my family’s experience with any reader who is considering this company for a boat trip so that they can understand a) the experience that this company can provide to those new to a boating experience as well as to those have been on a boat before; b) the professionalism, friendliness, and expertise of the Captain; c) the fact that from a financial standpoint the pricing on a per-person basis is competitive to other excursions available; d) the flexibility with regard to where your party would like to go but also in providing options for a change in plan when necessary (such as the number of places we went to along with the weather issue I explained earlier); and e) the privacy that a “just us” experience provides vs. a boat trip with 40+ people.

In my line of work, loyalty is sometimes measured by the likelihood to recommend a company’s service to a friend, relative, or colleague. Not only have I recommended Caribbean Blue Boat Charters to people I know (and to people I met during our stay down here), I intend on using this company again for what we hope to be the next amazing experience when we go back to St. Thomas in the next 12-24 months.

1 Thank PALancer
Jersey City
5 attraction reviews
“Thanks Caribbean Blue!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We had a great day with our captain and crew! I always visit over the holidays and stay at the Marriott, who referred us to them. I have had bad experiences in the past and was a little nervous, but these guys were great! They never rushed us and we had a great Trip to the British Islands. Thank you Caribbean Blue! We will be back!

1 Thank Lucy F