“Capt. John is the best!”

St. Thomas Boat Rental
Ranked #1 of 42 Tours in Charlotte Amalie
More attraction details
Owner description: We Offer You The Best Deal On Island with our one of a kind brand new 32' custom built ocean catamaran, the most fuel efficient design in the Virgin Islands. Save money with us! Other charters will run you $300-500 in fuel charges alone, but St. Thomas Boat Rental is the most eco friendly power boat around. We are the only company offering the $99 gas guarantee so that you will not be surprised at the fuel dock at the end of the day with a $400 fuel charge. Customize your own trip or let us customize one for you in the U.S Virgin Islands or the British Virgin Islands
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I were in St. John during hurricane Rita and all the excusions from the Westin were canceled. We contacted Capt. John and he cam over from St. Thomas to take us on a sunset cruise/snorkel. It was an awesome trip. The boat was clean and sturdy and Capt. John was a terrific guide. I would HIGHLY recommend Capt. John and St Thomas Boat Rental to anyone visiting St. John or St. Thomas.

Sean Coady

john b, Owner at St. Thomas Boat Rental, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

I lost track of time and totally forgot about your snorkel during the sunset cruise. That was a great snorkel and the seas calmed down quite nicely for us. I'm so glad you enjoyed.
Thanks again

in 4 reviews
"great captain"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've used St. John Concierge for 6 years and every trip we had was absolutely the best time ever, that is why I book all my trips with Johnny. They know every boat captain on the island worth their salt so we don't have to waste our time trying to figure out who is still in business every year. We just got back from Virgin Gorda trip with 8 of us on Innovation with Captain Roy as our guide. Everyone was very impressed with the trip and the many stories Capt Roy told us along the way. We had never been to the restaurant at the top of the Baths and it was just grand, the view the food and the pool was very refreshing. We ended up staying 3+ hours just enjoying ourselves. For some in our party it was there first time to the islands and they were so impressed with the arrangements they said it was the best trip of their lives. We decided to get the most out of the trip and head to Soggy Dollar for the rest of the afternoon, which ended up the best decision. Other trips I had been on didn't spend much time at each location due to time limitations so you end up rushing from place to place. The boat itself is a pontoon style that rides very smooth with a new Bimini that covers the entire deck which kept the sun off us the entire trip. The boat ride was extremely dry so you didn't get wet when you didn't want too. We had one in our group with a twisted ankle so she was very comfortable laying in the large seats so she could elevate her foot. Johnny escorted our troop to the dock and met us upon our return to make sure everything went as planned and we were happy with the trip. Now that is service!!! All I can tell you is if you didn't book with Johnny you didn't get the best of the best.

john b, Owner at St. Thomas Boat Rental, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

It certainly was a pleasure helping you with all you vacation needs. We strive for these types of results and look forward to your next visit.
Thanks again
John

Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've rented boats on St. Thomas for years to visit the BVI when friends visit. This is the first time our group went out with Captain John, and we will be renting from him exclusively in the future. The boat has tons of room and the fuel consumption is the best we have ever had, drastically reducing the cost of the trip. He has snorkel gear onboard, a fresh water shower, lots of coolers and a fun trampoline in the front. I definitely recommend this boat!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Can't say enough positive remarks about John, our captain, his boat and our experience. As you'll find there are main private boat options in St. Thomas but what differentiates John from other competitors is his fuel efficient boat. John guarantees your daily fuel cost won't exceed $150 (ours was $85). By comparison John said a normal daily fuel cost is approx. $450.

Fuel cost aside, John has 12+ years boating experience and consequently is super knowledgeable and professional. I rarely write reviews but felt compelled based on my very positive experience today.

Thanks John!