“Captain Scott from Aqua Blue Charters- Simply the Best!!!”
Review of Aqua Blue Charters

Aqua Blue Charters
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Aqua Blue Charters is owner-operated, so we can provide you personalized service to create the best day of island hopping possible. As a private boat, you are not on a specific schedule, and it is your day. We believe our expert knowledge of the best cruising area in the world will exceed all of your expectations. Our boats are professionally maintained and extremely reliable. We are conveniently located at Sapphire Marina Beach Resort, just around the corner from the town of Red Hook on East End, St. Thomas. We are located here for the convenience of restrooms, parking, beaches, provisioning and nearby restaurants for the end of your day. Our most popular starting locations are Sapphire Bay Marina and the National Park Dock in St. John, but other arrangements can be made for those in the British Virgin Islands.
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Captain Scott from Aqua Blue Charters- Simply the Best!!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

After my brother and I endlessly researched who to charter a boat from we wondered, Could someone actually have 62 Excellent reviews and no bad reviews at all? The answer is 100% YES!! Captain Scott took us out in an amazing boat, gave us a tour of the area, took us everywhere that WE wanted to go and did it in a first class, friendly and extremely professional manner. We were not asked to do a review. We wanted to because you are making a mistake if you do not use Captain Scott of Aqua Blue if you are in St. Thomas. Must visit Soggy Dollar and Willie T's!!! Thanks again Scott, hope to see you again soon!!! Great Job!!! We had the best time ever!!!!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank spgtraveler_11

Wakefield, Massachusetts, United States
“Best Way to Enjoy the Islands!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I just returned from my third trip to St. Thomas - and that also means my third time going for a boat day trip with Captain Scotty...we just love it that much! This has become an absolute staple for our group of friends when we travel down to St. Thomas each year, where my sister owns a house. Capt. Scotty is incredibly knowledgeable of both the U.S. Virgin Islands and the British Virgin Islands, and everyone there loves him. I promise you won't go by one boat or stop where someone won't be delighted to see him. It really makes you feel like an insider!

You can show up with your own itinerary and he'll be completely accommodating and helpful in terms of what order to tackle things, so that you can make the most of your day and your time - right down to what's the best thing on the menu for drinks and food at the different restaurants and beach bars. Or, if you want his suggestions of "must hit" places, he'll be happy to offer those too. If snorkeling is your thing, he'll bring you wherever you want to go - or he'll suggest some good places and even tell you what you're likely to spot there.

This particular trip we snorkeled the caves of Norman Island, where we got some insight from Capt. Scotty about which caves offered what kind of "views" and how to get in and out of them. Then of course we had to visit the Willy T. If you've never been to the BVIs you must go to the Willy T. It's a famed pirate ship restaurant/bar just off the coast of Norman Island - lots of fun to be had there. Make sure you leave with a good picture of you jumping off the top deck. Next stop is right over to Jost Van Dyke where we spent some time at Foxy's and then Soggy Dollar - enjoying the gorgeous beach with a yummy island cocktail.

I really can't say enough about Scotty and Mojo. The Capt. is wonderful, the boat is comfortable (who doesn't want to relax in a bean bag chair on a trip through turquoise waters?). I promise you, the day you spend out on this boat will be one of, if not THE best day you spend down in the islands.

Visited November 2013
Scott S, Owner at Aqua Blue Charters, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you so much for your review Alicia! I'm glad you came back, and enjoy boating on Mojo so much. We look forward to your next visit!
Brooklyn NY
“Without a doubt the best thing we did in St Thomas!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

First off let me say that I am a seasoned traveler, not the one trip a year kind of traveler but a million miler with top tier status at every hotel you can name. I spend an average of 250 days a year traveling so I know a thing or two about service, and professionalism when it comes to the tourism industry. Additionally I am a very demanding customer since I know what the experience could and should be. I am saying this so you know that writing a 5 star review does not come from me very often and certainly does not come without being earned. With that said Captain Scotty and Aqua Blue Charters was the best thing we chose to do while on St. Thomas without exception! Scotty was very knowledgeable and knew his way around. The whole day was perfect and we can only point to aqua blue as the reason, Scotty knew when to be where, and even took us on a private guided snorkel excursion, (and he free dove almost 40 feet to get a pair of wayward sunglasses) which was amazing. The boat is setup with big bean bag style loungers up front so we were able to relax in style while the captain showed us the amazing sites. We will definitely use this company again and would recommend them to anyone who wants to truly experience the VI's. If enjoying yourself and relaxing while a safe, knowledgable, experienced guide gives his all to make sure you have a great time then this is for you!

Visited September 2013
Scott S, Owner at Aqua Blue Charters, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy you guys enjoyed your day out with Aqua Blue Charters. Please let me know when you're back in the Virgin Islands, it would be great to show you more of the islands!
Houma, Louisiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Captain Scott was very knowledgeable of the area very friend and tended to EVERY need of his customers. If you want to take a boat tour in St Thomas Aqua Blue Charters is the only one to use you will never forget it!! If I could I would rate Captain Scott and his tour it would be a 10 of 5

Visited October 2013
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Boat Tour on the Island!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

On an island as small as St. Thomas, word-of-mouth means everything -- and everyone seems to be buzzing about Aqua Blue Charters and Captain Scotty!

As recent locals to the island, we've done our share of BVI tours, but when Scotty had an opening for a couple last Tuesday, we couldnt resist checking out with his tour was all about. We were NOT disappointed, and the stories are true, Scotty really does offer a memorable trip that exceeds your expectations and rises above the rest.

No doubt, a trip to the BVI must be on your list when visiting STT -- but all trips are not created equal. You want to be comfortable, and relaxed -- and on your own timeline. Private charters are simply the best way to do it, and Scottys boat MOJO makes it comfortable and fun. Whether you're lounging in the bean bag chairs up front while you cruise into Tortola, or sipping a beer in back while you chat with your captain, you cant go wrong on MOJO. Scotty encourages you to play your own music on his state of the art sound system, he makes sure the cooler is packed with ice, and even helps you de-fog your mask and fit your flippers. He also goes above and beyond by actually getting in the water with you to show you the best snorkeling spots, including swim-throughs and caves that you can not miss! He is quick to take your camera and offer to be the photographer, and even served us our food when it was ready at the Willy T! After a day out on the ocean with Scotty, you cant help but want him to be your friend. I would recommend him to anybody visiting the island, and will use him every time we have a guest in town!!

Visited September 2013