“Not Happy”

Diamonds International
More attraction details
Owner description: Legendary Caribbean Retailer, Diamonds International bedazzles shoppers with the world's finest jewelry and timepieces. Exclusive brands like Gift Couture, Wonder-Studs, and Sara G are only available here. Bridal jewelry and other must-haves await you at Diamonds International.
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Purchased a ring in St. Thomas DI on 2/20/13. Only worn a few times and 5 months later we noticed a crack in the ring. Contacted DI New York and first they tell me it's out of warranty ( after 5 months) and to return it to have it assessed for repair I need to sign a form stating that sending it to them does not constitute a return of merchandise and that I will not initiate a charge back through my credit card. Gee, that's a great way to start out customer service! I want nothing to do with them. I took the ring to a reputable local jeweler who laser soldered it and fixed the flaw, and at a reasonable price. Now the ring is beautiful again. Never again, DI.

2  Thank Dan H

Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I purchased a ring at DI in early January. The ring had to be custom-ordered. The ring arrived in a timely manner in February. Unfortunately, a small diamond on the side was missing. DI has promised to repair this at no charge. The ring was returned to DI in New York City per instructions in February. Unfortunately, the ring has not yet been repaired and returned to my wife (it is now April), and the last two voicemail messages left with the contact person have not been returned. We paid for a ring more than 90 days ago, and are still waiting for the ring.

3  Thank willcall53
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped in DI in March. The service was great, they kept a beer in my hand the whole time we were in there. We purchased a new wedding sent for my wife because she is soooo worth it. After some back and forth with the manager we agreed on a price just below 5 grand for the set. I was amazed when we got home and my wife took it in to get appraised. It appraised for almost double (just under 10 grand). They sized the rings right away. We can't wait to go back and get some more great deals.

5  Thank Vettrn
DISTT, Manager at Diamonds International, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Greetings Derek B,

The Management team is so elated that you enjoyed shopping with us, and the team appreciates your feedback. As the premier duty-free jewelry retailer in the Caribbean, we are able to offer the best prices with a wide selection of pieces that matches everyone's budget.

Derek B, please also convey to your wife that we appreciate her as well. Once again, thank you for your trust and for taking the time to share your shopping experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Congratulations!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Each DI store we visited while cruising was great. Staff is open, friendly and helpful to everyone. Made the mistake of wandering into a very pushy local shop. It gave me a new appreciation for just how professional and friendly they are at all DI/TI.

3  Thank dsjkicks
DISTT, Manager at Diamonds International, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2014

Thanks for your feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Warmest Regards,

Diamonds International Marketing Department

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The store and personnel working were great. Went out of their way to find the best deal. Would recommend if you are looking for a great deal.

3  Thank DONALD O