“DO NOT MISS THIS PLACE!”
Review of Ideal Restaurant

Ideal Restaurant
Cuisines: Caribbean, Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

I transferred to St Thomas as a chef with a hotel company and my wife and I lived on STT for 5 years from 2002 - 2007. One of my fondest food memories is having discovered this place and Rotis on my own walking around. Had never had before. Not fancy just delicious. A few tables to sit or better yet take someplace down towards the harbor in Charlotte Amalie and enjoy it. Add some hot sauce! Awesome food. Escape the ordinary and get away from the tourist traps. Miss it!

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

My veggie roti was certainly large enough to share. But I refused to do so. Why? Because it was the most delicious and savory meal I’ve had in years. They should change the name of this place to Ideal Roti.

I wish Ideal Restaurant was available in my hometown. It would put Chipotle out of business.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

First of all if you are looking for an Indian restaurant and think just because they serve Roti, this is Indian, you are wrong. This place serves Trinidadian food. We always stop in and pick up some roti when in Charlotte Amalie. It is not cheap, we normally order one chicken roti spicy, one beef roti spicy and one shrimp roti mild and the total is $46.00. They are all good but in my opinion the chicken roti is the best. If you are trying to drive to this place, it is highly unlikely you will find parking because it’s on a very narrow road and I’ve never been able to find a parking spot here. I normally park near the outdoor vendor area about a block away and then walk to the Ideal restaurant and pick up my order. If you want the goat roti, it is not available as soon as they open, they normally have it available about two hours after opening but the other roti’s are available.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

If you’re in st Thomas ideal restaurant. Awesome fast food. Very flavorful. You will not be disappointed

Reviewed March 4, 2018

The gentleman at the counter of Ideal was very friendly and able to give details of the food choices.
I ordered 2 roti to take away. one boneless chicken and one vegetarian
The Roti (skins) were lovely - nice soft dahlpuris warm and fresh. They were delicious.
The FILLING on the other hand left a lot to be desired. The vegetables were fresh but had no taste whatsoever other than the pepper I requested
The chicken curry could only be identified as chicken because of the colour of the meat fibers within. There was neither taste of chicken nor curry just like plain boiled meat and potato.
Indian is my favorite cuisine and enough Trinidadian friends and trips to Trinidad have allowed me to be able to tell a good curry and to enjoy a good Roti. So I was quite excited to find a roti place here as we moved here recently.
But I was VERY disappointed especially after spending US $26.00 for 2 Roti
Will buy the Roti (flaps) and make my own curry in future.
Such a pity. would have loved to be able to recommend and to be able to pick up a nice tasty Roti without having to cook. But........
There are Vegetarian/Vegan options but good is not what I would consider it