My wife and I were in St. Thomas for a couple of days before going over to Tortola, and were fortunate to choose The Crystal Palace. It is a historic colonial manor home on a comanding site just below the Governors mansion, with a fantastic view over the harbor. The inn is filled with antiques and family history, and full of charm and character. Do not expect stuffy and cold - it is warm and lived in.
The host, Ronnie Lockheart, is a real colorful character whose family has been in St. Thomas for a very long time. He is heavily involved in historic preservation in the city, and an extremely valuable resource who can really help enrichen your visit. Everyone in town seems to know him, which is a real asset. We came in to town late, and he arrainged a wonderful meal for us after hours with the restaurant owner! You can't buy service like that.
The Crystal Palace is a great choice if you're in town for business, catching a cruise, or on the way out to other islands. It's also very affordable.
We left wishing we had stayed longer, but we know we'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful historic building in downtown Charlotte Amalie. 5 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Crystal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crystal Palace Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- The Crystal Palace St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands