As a single parent I always bring my children along when traveling.Now that they are young teens it is alot easier nevertheless they too can be a bit apprehensive when going somewhere new.This trip I brought my daughter only and was relived to know that there would be an airport pickup awaiting us from the Crystal Palace when we arrived on the last flight into St.Thomas.Interested in Eco-resorts we were heading out to the Maho Bay Campground the next day and wanted a place in town where we could pick up the ferry to St. John in the morning from the Harbor.We like to stay in B&B's because the Hosts always can help you with the "lay of the land" and provide the warmth that is lacking from big commercial operations not to mention, breakfast included. The host of the Crystal Palace, Ronnie, met us at the airport with our name printed on a card ,(like the limo drivers),and whisked us away while entertaining us with his wry sense of humor. The Crystal Palace awaited us, a fine example of Danish Colonialism nicely preserved. Our room was a comfortable queen with a twin, air conditioned and clean with beautiful period pieces.We opted for a shared bath which has the toilet separate from the shower room down the hall and settled in for a good nights sleep.The following morning a delicious breakfast awaited us on the veranda overlooking the magnificant Charlotte Amalie Harbor.For the price the conviviality and setting just can't be beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful historic building in downtown Charlotte Amalie. 5 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Crystal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crystal Palace Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- The Crystal Palace St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands