I couldn't decide between rating Crystal Palace as poor or as terrible... but I'm pretty sure terrible is a more appropriate description. Everything felt dirty, the sheets were old and tatty, the quilt induced a sort of water-boarding/suffocation feeling. My boyfriend and I woke up every morning with new bites whether from bedbugs, mosquitos or spiders, I'm still not sure. The bed wasn't made throughout our stay and a cleaner only arrived on our check out day. The bathroom was covered in brown water stains and the bin was never changed. There was hardly any storage space. The breakfast consisted of yoghurt, some seriously second hand looking cereal boxes and not much else. There was some weird sort of turtle set up in the kitchen (possibly dead, possibly not). Obviously St. Thomas is a bit of a rip off in general but this place really takes the biscuit. We ended up moving to Virgin Gorda and staying in Little Dix Bay which was three times as expensive and not really how much we wanted to spend in the beginning but it was infinitely better. Put it this way, I would rather stay at home then spend any more time at Crystal Palace.
On a more positive note, the television in our room had cable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful historic building in downtown Charlotte Amalie. 5 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your The Crystal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crystal Palace Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- The Crystal Palace St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands