The owners and manager are awesome friendly folks. They will give you the inside scope on everything and show you a great time.
You can arrange to be picked up at the airport or ferry dock at no additional charge. This is a great value after a long day of traveling.
The location is pretty good. You have to traverse a steep hill but you can walk to town for shopping and dining. The rooms have a lot of character and the bed was comfortable.
The view from the balcony is spectacular. And the history of the place is mind blowing.
Here are some suggestions for improvements.
The yard and landscaping needs some major cleaning up and updating. The trees have overgrown around the house and there is a lot of trash bags and debris in the yard.
I love dogs, and they stayed outside the entire time I was there, but it's important to clean up after them quickly and regularly if you are renting rooms to guests. It got a little smelly.
Make sure the continental breakfast is updated daily. A few boxes of the cereal were old. And the juice was a bit old.
When I have stayed in B&Bs in the past, I typically have the bed made and perhaps fresh towels laid out. This did not happen.
I'm used to roughing it a bit so I personally would stay here again. Primarily because I thought the owner and manager were really cool. But I would like to see a few improvements before I could recommend it to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful historic building in downtown Charlotte Amalie. 5 minute walk to restaurants and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Expedia so you can book your The Crystal Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Crystal Palace Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- The Crystal Palace St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands