“Late back to ship!!”

and up
Shop See and Splash
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Godfrey Tours on St. Thomas, Virgin Islands, provides sightseeing tours of the island, and beach and shopping trips. We take you to the Mountain Top Mall, Drakes Seat, Blackbeard's and Bluebeard's castles, while providing you with a wealth of details of the various attractions. We also do beach trips to Magens Bay, Coki Beach, and Sapphire Beach. Weddings and private tours are welcome. We have over twenty years experience and are highly rated.
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My brother had booked this tour through Island Marketing for $38.00 pp. There were four of us in our group. We got confused with ship time and local time so he called before our ship docked and they told us all was fine and to look for Godfrey after we disembarked. Godfrey was right there and told us where to find his bus. We waited another 1/2 hour or so while he rounded up his other cattle, oops, I mean clients.
We were dropped off downtown and told us he had to collect cattle from another ship that hadn't arrived at port yet and he would be back in about two to two and a half hours. When he arrived back in town, he had two buses and it was all very confusing as he was trying to put lots of people on these two buses. Let me just say the roads are very narrow and most of the stops were just pull offs and not parking areas. That being said, the first stop was a pull off, with three tour buses, with probably 60 people all trying to take pictures of the same scene. I didn't even try to look.
Back on the bus, to the mountain top where there is a huge shop. There he herded his cattle out of the two buses with orders to keep to the left of the gift shop and go directly to the deck. He then gave us a short lecture on Magen's Bay. Finally we were released to shop, but there were so many buses and tourists that we chose to wait on the bus. Of course we had to wait an extra 10 mintues for a few that don't wear watches. Next, we were given the choice of Magen's Bay or another beach. We chose Magen's Bay which does have a $4 pp charge. There was a little bit of sight seeing on our way to the beach but the driver had techical issues with her microphone so we didn't hear half of what she said. We were told we would be picked up at 4:40.
Godfrey was back at 4:30 but we waited until 4:45 for people who must have taken a taxi back to the ship.
Okay , this is the best part... A group of women (the same ones who don't wear watches) wanted to stop at an ice cream shop, at the entrance of the beach... this took 10 minutes. We were starting to get nervous about the time as we were supposed to be on the ship at 5:30. Traffic was bumper to bumper and moved at a snails pace. We arrived at port at 5:45 and the only thing he said was "oh, theres still a line".
He is a professional tour guide. He knows about 5:00 rush hour. Our opinion is he is very UNprofessional.

5  Thank ohmandy99

Reviewed May 9, 2013

You can't beat the price and the value of Godfrey Tour. His website explains exactly what will happen and he follows every bit of it to a "T". He is extremely knowledgeable about the island. We were greeted at the ship as agreed, brought to all points of interest as agreed and returned promptly. We thoroughly enjoyed the wonderful day in St. Thomas, Maegan's Bay in particular!
The only thing I would do differently next time is opt for one hour of "shopping", we did not have time to shop the shops right outside the ship....other then that - don't hesitate booking a Godfrey Tour!

2  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed May 3, 2013

A little disappointed. We were picked up and then dropped of for 3 hours shopping time, which we found a little excessive. We had to meet Godfrey outside Switzerland, I was suddenly approached by a guy who asked us if we with Godfrey's tour he did not introduce himself but I gathered he was Godfrey, he told us to go across the street to the red bus which we did. I asked him if he had our names he rustled through some papers and said "Oh I must have your name somewhere", I guess the little lack of the personal touch was missing.
Well we were on our way but with 6 ships in the traffic was unbelievable,and unfortunately the noise of the traffic it was quite hard to hear his commentary, also he seemed to talk to fast it was hard to understand.The windy roads up the hill and down was a bit scarry, but a bit of a laugh. We enjoyed the Mountain Top & Banana Daquiry, we stopped at Magen's Bay where some people paid $4 to sit on the beach which appeared over crowded, and then proceeded to Coki Beach which we just drove around. It would have been nice if we could have spent more time at either visiting an area where we could sample some real island food. Generally $30 the tour was a good experience, but a little too rushed.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

A little disappointed. Might have been better if it had not rained. Our guide was very nice and a good driver. We enjoyed the Mountain Top & Banana Daquiry. The price was right.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I must say that the attention, time, and consideration that Godfrey Tours extended to me and my family were excellent.

Godfrey knew his history, and he readily shared this knowledge. What a very pleasant man!!!

I highly recommend him.

The only thing I wished that we had had on the tour was a stop at a restaurant to sample some real island cooking.

Joan Bruner-Timmons