“EXCELLENT FIRST DIVE!!”

Admiralty Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Admiralty Dive Center offers scuba diving adventures and courses in St. Thomas Virgin Islands. We have everything you need to partake in an unforgettable diving experience. We take you to the finest scuba diving spots with more than 50 locations in St. Thomas, USVI. We have many beautiful dive sites where you can experience morays, turtles, rays and more without seeing many other divers. We also have more experience with the BIG wreck dives than any other dive shop in the area. Whether you love seeing beautiful, exotic reefs or you want to take part in the best wreck diving in the Caribbean, Admiralty Dive Center can provide you with the experience of a lifetime. Admiralty Dive Center is a full service St. Thomas dive center located in Frenchtown St. Thomas. Locally owned and operated by Jerry and Christy Cowan. We even offer Dive Charters for island stay and cruise ship visitors. PADI instruction is available for new divers or those wishing to continue their education. With our “Discover Scuba” program, you can even join in the fun if you’re not certified. Browse our site to learn more about our diving trips and services. For more information, contact the team at the Admiralty Drive Center today.
Carrollton, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT FIRST DIVE!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

My husband and I decided to use this company for our first time scuba dive. I am so glad we did!! We did the discover scuba with Duane and Fishbutt. It was such an excellent experience. If you are in St. Thomas, whether you have scuba dived before or not, this is an excellent, excellent trip to take.

Visited March 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving for the first time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I recently took a trip to st thomas, admiralty dive center was the closest padi certified dive center to my hotel. I was very satisfied with their service as well as knowledge of the surrounding dive spots. They know of more than 100 dive sites, some well known to the other dive sites while others are rarely visited. Also the divers are very safety concious especially if you havent dived in a while. Also they have modest prices compared to the larger diving companies. For exceptional service and price admiralty dive center is your best bet.

2 Thank Brucelee56
Pennsylvania
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“They're tops in my book, hard to beat location, service, quality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2011

My husband and I spent 6 weeks diving with Admiralty. Wow! What a team they have in Duane, Laura and Fishbutt(John). We loved every minute. Even though we were with them day after day, they found new sites and kept each day fresh. We also upgraded ourselves to Master Scuba rating while we were there. Duane and John were excellent instructors!! We are anxious to return, and will be back on New Years Eve 2012. See you there!!

Visited January 2011
2 Thank mikedebotr
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Admiralty Dive Center, Saint Thomas - a poor choice for cruise ship divers”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

I recently booked dives with Admiralty after reading favourable reviews on a couple of websites. They responded promptly to my queries and indicated that dealing with cruise ship divers was a standard part of their business. This was my first trip on a cruise ship and I took everything at face value.

Our ship arrived 30 minutes behind schedule and I hustled out to the designated meeting site at the windmill ("you can't miss it"). After waiting an hour I called Admiralty to find out what was going on. Laura told me they had waited an hour and half and gave up before the ship arrived in port. She said Royal Caribbean has a terrible record for arriving off-schedule and they were considering refusing to book any more divers off the Oasis or Allure. Needless to say, I was not happy that my only day to dive on this trip had been a bust.

Later that day, I was cooling my heels on the dock and got a chance to talk about this experience with the Port Agent and one of the ship's security people. As the conversation evolved, they got onto the topic of ship's time vs. local time. It seems that some cruise lines, Royal Caribbean included, do not change their clocks to match local time as they stop at different ports while other cruise lines do.

While I accept responsibility for not knowing that I was talking about ship's time instead of local time when I first contacted Admiralty I am astounded that a business, on a small island, that deals constantly with tourists would be unaware of this potential source of confusion of a one hour time difference. To be unaware of the regular arrival time (scheduled months in advance) of the largest cruise ship in the world indicates to me that Admiralty really does not have its act together when it comes to dealing with cruise ship divers. If they understood the ship's schedule there is no way they'd have waited 1.5 hours for a ship that was exactly a half hour late.

Admiralty may run a great show for divers who are able to stay in close contact with the shop if they are staying on the island. If, like me, you have to make arrangements days or weeks before you leave home, and then won't have access to a cell phone or email while in transit, Admiralty may be a risky choice.

Visited November 2011
4 Thank AOW_EANx
American Fork, Utah
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Traveled the world and this is the best shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I have traveled all around the world diving and have never met a better shop than Admiralty Dive Center. I will admit that there is better diving in the world, but this shop is the best. I went on almost 14 dives with them all around St Thomas. They picked me up from my hotel every day. They were friendly and very personable. One of the things I liked the best from my visit is they setup my equipment for my on the boat. I know how to setup my own equipment, but that doesn't necissarly mean that I like doing it. They even switched tanks for me between dives. They don't have the biggest boat or biggest shop, but they are very professional and treat you like a friend not a customer. I think about going back to the Virgin islands just so I can dive with them again. Thanks Admiralty Dive Center :)

Visited December 2010