“Not what it use to be”

NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Not what it use to be”
Reviewed May 15, 2006

For the last 10 yrs I have bought perfume and cosmetics at A.H.Riise and have been happy with the service, but his year found the sales help apathetic. Felt like I was intruding on their day, so I bought my perfume and skipped the MAC counter. I got that feeling all around the store.

4 Thank SBGbrady

New York City, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Love their catalog, too!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2005

The store is terrific, but you can still profit from their great prices and selection when you get home, too! Just order with their 800 number (they also have a great catalog!). The service is fast, friendly, and wonderful. I strongly urge anyone to do this! We love buying from them!!

10 Thank Screaminglyfine
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great service!”
Reviewed October 21, 2003

Great service! Got a fantastic deal on a designer watch and earrings for my wife. Reliable store brand that's been around for years and plan on visiting when I go back.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Richmond, VA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great shopping, lousy attitudes”
Reviewed October 21, 2003

Year after year we go to St. Thomas and we love it. Also yearly, we go to A.H.Rise in the downtown shopping area. The place is huge! If I wanted designer jewelry, I'd go to Little Switzerland, but AHRise has some real shopping jewels. I usually get my Clarins make-up and moisturizer there, and pick up a couple of bottles of liquor as well. If you get the Welcome to St. Thomas guide AT THE AIRPORT, there are coupons inside which are good at AHRise. No problems with the quality of the merchandise, but I have yet (after 6 yrs) to meet a sales person who didn't have a lousy attitude and made me feel like I was inconveniencing them by daring to ask for help shopping. Not everyone knows that AHRise also owns Down Island Traders (on the water near Vendors Square) which has spices, local items and souveniers. The people there over the last 6 years have been very nice and polite. Yes, I always shop there. Wish either of them had a website and ability to order from them!

11 Thank Frances D
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Store!”
Reviewed August 2, 2003

Saved a fortune on perfumes and alcohol purchases. This store provides a better gift than a tshirt for the folks at home. A must stop for your trip.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member