“Diamond shopping”
Review of Cardow Jewelers

Cardow Jewelers
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest and largest jewelers in the Virgin Islands, established in 1954, Cardow Jewelers has been voted Best Jewelry by the local community for 14 years in a row! Cardow Jewelers continues its tradition of high-quality beautiful pieces at the best prices available in the Caribbean, duty free. Stop in to anyone of our location today! Let us take care of you from the second you step off of the ship to the second you step back on, call or email us for more information on how we can make your trip unique and spectacular with our in AND out-of-store services that we offer. Ask for Paul!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Jackson, Mississippi, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Diamond shopping”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I stopped at Cardow 1st based on the reviews that were on trip advisor. Just like everyone else we had an outstanding experience there with the help of Melissa who was straight forward and knowledgeable and She was only concerned about us being satisfied!
After an hour or so of looking at diamonds The icing on the cake was when another couple came in to pick-up their new ring and gave an outstanding endorsement as this was their second diamond that they purchased from Cardow and Melissa. Everywhere we stopped people were complimenting the ring. We got great service, Quality, & and an outstanding deal!!! Go to Cardow 1st and ask for Melissa!!

Thanks Cardow and Melissa! We'll see you when we upgrade!!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank Christopher E

McLean, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Lovely purchases”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in St. Thomas with a friend, a few weeks ago, when I noticed the Cardow Jewelers Store. I told my friend about the beautiful ruby ring my husband bought for me, about 30 years ago at Cardow. I said for old times sake, I'd like to look around. Well, I found a pair of black and white diamond earrings that I fell in love with, on the 60% off cases. I have wanted diamond earrings for along time, but never could talk myself into the purchase. The lovely saleswoman waiting on us from a town just south of where I had lived when I lived in the northshore suburbs.She was wonderful and made if not quite as painful to treat myself to this new gift. No only that, I found a pair or ruby earrings that come quite close to matching the ring my husband bought in many years ago on our first visit to St. Thomas. The store was nice, the salesperson knowledgable, but not pushy, so I will give this store the highest rating for jewlery shops on St. Thomas.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Judy H
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend Cardow Jewelers!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were shopping for a new diamond ring while vacationing in St Thomas. I was a bit leery since I had read some bad reviews of another more well-known jeweler in the Caribbean but we decided to stop at Cardow since they had pretty stellar reviews. I'm SO glad that we did! We were very lucky to have found Cynthia there (although I'm sure that Cardow has other great salespeople as well). Cynthia was very patient in answering all of our questions, never tried to sell us something that was way out of our budget or that she didn't feel we'd be happy with, and gave us her best price upfront. We found a ring and a loose diamond that we really liked but since it was our first stop, we explained to her that we still had to do our due diligence and check out other stores. She never pressured us to buy the ring immediately but instead told us she would put the diamond aside for us and gave us her card so we could reach her if needed to. After two less than stellar experiences at other stores, we went back and purchased the beautiful diamond ring at a great price. Next time I'm in the market to buy another piece of fine jewelry, I'll be sure to go back to Cynthia at Cardow!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Kris S
Charlotte, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Gem of a find”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our cruise ship docked at Crown Bay instead of the usual Havensight pier we are used to. We just got offboard to look through the shops as my wife had mentioned looking for a ring. After looking around a bit we stumbled upon Cardow Jewelers and she was glad we did. She found just what she wanted with the the help of Melissa who was very knowledgeable and helpful but not at all pushy. Their computer was down and being worked on at the time so she said she would have to write us out a receipt and send us the appraisal though the mail , which we received shortly after arriving home. As many have stated the appraisal was double what my wife paid. If you are looking for this location just go toward the "windmill" welcome center. Here is a link to a map. http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/images/crown-bay-map.html

Visited December 2012
1 Thank bhigh
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very happy!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My then boyfriend and I traveled to St Thomas for a vacation only to return home engaged after visiting Cardow. We thought about buying a loose stone while we were there and returning to the US to have it set. After reading reviews I was scared. We did our research and headed out to the shops. Cardow far exceeded our expectations and was the only place I felt trust worthy. Diamonds International doesn’t even compare to the customer service or quality of Cardow. Cynthia helps us 3 separate days and was AMAZING! I had to hug her when it all said it done. We ended up purchasing my 1 carat stone and a fabulous platinum setting with a carat weight of .70. I, of course, brought it home to have it appraised and checked out. To our delight the ring appraised for double what we paid. We were thrilled! Thank you to Cardow and to Cynthia for all of her help!

Visited October 2012