“Highly Recommend Cardow Jewelers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cardow Jewelers

Cardow Jewelers
More attraction details
Owner description: The oldest and largest jewelers in the Virgin Islands, established in 1954, Cardow Jewelers has been voted Best Jewelry by the local community for 14 years in a row! Cardow Jewelers continues its tradition of high-quality beautiful pieces at the best prices available in the Caribbean, duty free. Stop in to anyone of our location today! Let us take care of you from the second you step off of the ship to the second you step back on, call or email us for more information on how we can make your trip unique and spectacular with our in AND out-of-store services that we offer. Ask for Paul!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
San Francisco, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend Cardow Jewelers!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were shopping for a new diamond ring while vacationing in St Thomas. I was a bit leery since I had read some bad reviews of another more well-known jeweler in the Caribbean but we decided to stop at Cardow since they had pretty stellar reviews. I'm SO glad that we did! We were very lucky to have found Cynthia there (although I'm sure that Cardow has other great salespeople as well). Cynthia was very patient in answering all of our questions, never tried to sell us something that was way out of our budget or that she didn't feel we'd be happy with, and gave us her best price upfront. We found a ring and a loose diamond that we really liked but since it was our first stop, we explained to her that we still had to do our due diligence and check out other stores. She never pressured us to buy the ring immediately but instead told us she would put the diamond aside for us and gave us her card so we could reach her if needed to. After two less than stellar experiences at other stores, we went back and purchased the beautiful diamond ring at a great price. Next time I'm in the market to buy another piece of fine jewelry, I'll be sure to go back to Cynthia at Cardow!

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Kris S

Charlotte, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Gem of a find”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our cruise ship docked at Crown Bay instead of the usual Havensight pier we are used to. We just got offboard to look through the shops as my wife had mentioned looking for a ring. After looking around a bit we stumbled upon Cardow Jewelers and she was glad we did. She found just what she wanted with the the help of Melissa who was very knowledgeable and helpful but not at all pushy. Their computer was down and being worked on at the time so she said she would have to write us out a receipt and send us the appraisal though the mail , which we received shortly after arriving home. As many have stated the appraisal was double what my wife paid. If you are looking for this location just go toward the "windmill" welcome center. Here is a link to a map. http://www.virginislandsthisweek.com/images/crown-bay-map.html

Visited December 2012
1 Thank bhigh
Bloomington, Minnesota, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very happy!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My then boyfriend and I traveled to St Thomas for a vacation only to return home engaged after visiting Cardow. We thought about buying a loose stone while we were there and returning to the US to have it set. After reading reviews I was scared. We did our research and headed out to the shops. Cardow far exceeded our expectations and was the only place I felt trust worthy. Diamonds International doesn’t even compare to the customer service or quality of Cardow. Cynthia helps us 3 separate days and was AMAZING! I had to hug her when it all said it done. We ended up purchasing my 1 carat stone and a fabulous platinum setting with a carat weight of .70. I, of course, brought it home to have it appraised and checked out. To our delight the ring appraised for double what we paid. We were thrilled! Thank you to Cardow and to Cynthia for all of her help!

Visited October 2012
6 Thank Jennifer R
Port Arthur, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“CARDOW STANDS BEHIND THEIR PRODUCT”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I bought a gorgeous yellow gold band with three rectangles of natural boulder opal, separated by rows of small diamonds for an anniversary ring about 15 years ago. The ring is one of my favorites and I wore it so much that one of the delicate pieces of opal eventually chipped out after about 5 years of wear and tear. No jewler in my area of Texas would even try to fix it. So, on a return trip years later, I walked into another Cardow jewelry store, and the salesperson graciously listened to my story and inspected the ring to verify that it was a Cardow piece. With ease and reassurance the manager said that it could be repaired, and only for $40.00 including shipping. I was thrilled. Within a month, I had my ring back on my finger. It looked the same as before. Kudos to Cardow staff and skilled jewlers for reparing my gorgeous ring. Thank you! I am a loyal customer forever. When I visited last was November 2008. (That was not an option on the box below.)

Visited November 2011
5 Thank Allisen R
Charleston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Happy Customer”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My mom and I were on cruise and we both hoped to find a ring setting for center stones we already owned. Cardow was one of the first places we walked into in St. Thomas. We were both wowed by the selection, quality and then by the price. We walked away and took our time and looking in a couple of dozen more shops to be sure we had found "the one". That "shopping around" showed us that Cardow had the best prices for the best quality. And our sales associate, Cynthia, gave us her best price out of the gate and didn't apply any pressure. We came back and told Cynthia we were SOLD! Thanks Cardow for the beautiful jewelry and the right price!

Cynthia, I'll be back in June to show you how that ring looks!

Happy Mom and Daughter!