“Fun Butterfly Garden”
Review of The Butterfly Garden - CLOSED

The Butterfly Garden
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Stroll through a lush tropical garden as exotic butterflies take flight around you. Learn about their amazing life cycles during a guided tour. Wear bright colors to attract the butterflies to land on you. Double the fun and take a stroll through the outside botanical gardens showcasing a wide variety of local plants and butterfly species. Bring your camera! Open daily in season 8:30am - 4pm. May to October schedule may vary so call ahead.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were on the Carnival Breeze and stopped in St. Thomas on Oct.15, 2013. We had decided to visit Butterfly Garden and were glad we did. The place is walking distance from the cruise ships, just follow the big signs. The place is small but still very nice. We loved seeing all the different types of butterflys just hanging out, flying, resting, eating and so on. One of the smaller ones attached to my husband and we had a little passenger for the visit. It's a great place for all ages. Not huge so there's not a great deal of walking around. You just have to be careful not to step on the butterflys! They apparently like to land on the sandy floor and drink moisture from it! Who knew! We did enjoy the visit and the guide gave us some general information upon entering. We just walked around at our leisure and we weren't pressured into anything. There is also a small gift shop there as well but no pressure. The garden is not shaded very much except for a few larger trees and bushes. Dress appropriately. It's very hot there. The butterfly area is all screened in with lots of vegetation and flowers. I would recommend this if you just want a quick excursion and don't want to spend a fortune. It was about $12 per person.

2  Thank AGenua

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We were on a cruise and decided to look around the butterfly garden. This is position just a couple f mins from where you dock.

It was $12 each to get in. The garden in its self is very small. I don't know what we expected probably a bit bigger. We had just missed the guided tour and never saw the bird show if there was one like others ave reported.

I think in total we saw about six different types of butterflies.

In several places they had placed bananas for the butterflies to feed on. If you got a little of this on your nail butterflies would feed off your hand.

The butterflies were nice to photograph and was a nice way to spend an hour. I don't think you would stay longer than an hour but probably not longer.

2  Thank BorntocruiseUK
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited the Butterfly Garden near where the Cruiseships dock. There was a Parrot show first that included tricks. The hadler obviously has been working with these birds for a long time. Everyone of all ages loved the show. While the area inside for butterflies wasn't large it was beautiful and very well maintained and contained many more butterflies than the ones I went to previously in Key West or Puerto Rico.

4  Thank Rexy5K
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We missed most of the guide's talk but I think it would have been interesting. They have a parrot show too that was fun. You can do this excursion pretty quick. It didn't cost much.

1  Thank 7951bigfish
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a very cheap and intertaining way to kill a few hours. I engoyed watching my time here. At one point I had 6 butterflies land on me. Definetly recommend doing this .

2  Thank Gmbot