“Loved It”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Miller Manor Guest House
Seattle
“Loved It”
Reviewed February 15, 2007

I checked on Trip Advisor before my trip as I wanted to find a place that was comfortable, but wouldn't break the bank- the reviews on Miller Manor were outstanding, and now I know why. The owners are great, the rooms and sheets were clean, the water was hot, the view spectacular, the dog and cats friendly, the free internet access, the honor bar, tv, air conditioning, the friendly residents, the breakfast in the morning, the proximity to Charlotte Amalie downtown (can walk), everything was terrific. You don't need to stay in a fancy resort to have a terrific time. This place is so reasonable- I wish I stayed longer. I would only stay there on future trips. Also- I recommend renting a car so you can see all of St. Thomas on your trip!

• Liked — Everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank karekare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Diego, California
Reviewed January 1, 2007

Since we made out travel plans just a week in advance, we had to stay at 2 different places one of which was MM. It is a charming old architecture, located quite close to downtown. We had made reservations for the premium room for 2 nights but were moved to a standard room few days before we left for USVI.

Pros: Marge is a terrific host, very helpful and accomodating, terrace provides a good view of the harbour

Cons: not the best locality (dark, risky, and narrow roads), due to its proximity to the downtown harbour, place gets quite noisy in early morning, room and bath were in the same place but on uneven level, bath was quite small and had minimal supplies (only bath soap and towels!), parking is on the streets and gets tougher by night

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — facilities
  • Tips/Secrets — some of the other pricier options are worth it
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anindianinmilkyway
Spain
Reviewed October 7, 2006

I´m a teacher from Spain. I was in St.Thomas last June with my boyfriend. We planned to stay at the Miller Manor for two days and ended up staying there for a week.
The staff was very nice and friendly and made sure we had a lovely stay. The view from the main terrace was absolutely wonderful . The room was clean and neat. We had breakfast every mornig, coffee, omellettes, fresh fruits and the best french toasts ever! and at a very good price. We also used to hang out at the bar at night, the atmosphere was nice and the drinks cheap (try the cruzan rum!)
In general, it was very cheap compared to the other overpriced places in the islands. If you are on budget and you are looking for a neat, clean, and friendly place I recommend the Miller Manor. Thank you to the staff for being so friendly and welcoming people from other countries and cultures in such a great way!
Nair

• Liked — cheap nice and clean
  • Disliked — sourrounding neighbourhoods
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kasia188
Reviewed July 9, 2006

My stay was short, but the staff at Miller Manor was outstanding! They were very nice and friendly and made sure I was well taken care of. Upon returning home in Texas I didn't even realize I had left my cell phone charger in the room until I read the email that was waiting for me. They are sending it back to me free of charge right now! The view is absolutely wonderful from the rooms. The room itself was clean and neat, however I did see a few insect critters running around, but it was not a big problem at all and I hear it is a problem anywhere you go on the island. Overall I would rate this hotel very good for being so cheap compared to the other overpriced places to stay. Stay here if you aren't looking for resort style lodging and are on a budget. It was great!

• Stayed July 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2006

My Fiancée and myself checked into Miller Manor of the 16th for two nights. We choose there because after much searching online, based on reviews and the price, we decided to go with MM. On our arrival we were greeted by Dan and Colleen who confirmed our reservation, gave us a mini tour of the place and showed us to our rooms. The room was neat and clean, the bathroom was also in order. I usually gauge a place by the quality of the bathroom and I had no complaints there. Our room had two double beds, microwave, refrigerator (our refrigerator would not start up but we called Harry and he had it kicking in no time), air condition unit and TV with some nice channels, It had the sci-fi channel and that was all I needed. I would say it could take around 7 to 12 minutes to get to the main shopping area depending on how fast you walk. We would usually leave early and get breakfast in the town but then we found out on our last morning at Miller’s Manor that it was the biggest mistake we every made. You see we took the in-house Breakfast and boy was it great, my Fiancée especially loved the French toast with the coconut etc. The OJ for me was delicious, I was so sorry I did not take breakfast there for my entire stay but next time for sure. Our only complaint was there was someone in a room close to or next to ours that had the television so loud that it was waking the dead. Also the only addition I would ask for my room would be a little rug or carpet. All in all it’s a nice little place to stay and I would certain stay there again due in part to the hospitality of Marj, Harry, Dan and Colleen, a great bunch of folks. I almost forgot the cats, if you are a cat lover, there are some lovely felines that grace the property.

• Stayed June 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 4, 2006

Miller Manor is a true value considering some of the other overpriced locations on the island. It is right in the heart of town giving easy access to shopping, ferry boats and dining. The staff that I had the pleasure of meeting, Harry, Marje, Colleen and Dan, were all very friendly and truly greatful that I was staying at their establishment. Fresh breakfast every day, internet access, and air conditioning are just a few of the perks this place has to offer. I would recommend it to anyone. On a side note, if you are an adventurous type that likes to explore many different parts of the island I would strongly recommend renting a vehicle. Taxis in St. Thomas are very expensive so any trips you take around the island will cost you a lot.

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Surrey, England
Reviewed April 7, 2006

Miller Manor is a real find, a true diamond in the rough. As you set out to spend some time on a Caribbean Island, you tend to leave behind your cares and, perhaps, some of your expectations. But when you arrive at Miller Manor, two blocks north of the stunning azure waterfront in downtown Charlotte Amalie, the welcome mat is rolled out and you are engulfed in a blanket of hospitality.

Miller Manor was built in the mid 1800’s and is full delightful quirky character. Harry and Marge, a salt-of-the-earth couple from Denver, have owned and run the hotel since 2000 and are on hand twenty-four hours a day to deal with any request or problem that may crop up.

The rooms are basic, but clean, comfortable and fully air conditioned. And many come with breathtaking views, a fridge and a microwave. A king bed room starts at $89 a night (a little more during Carnival), $400 a week or $1200 a month.

One of the outstanding features for me was the wonderful honor system bar and dining room that overlooks the harbor and offers incredible $2 imported/domestic beers, wine at $2 a glass and shots/mixed drinks for $3. While Marge cooks up a huge breakfast every morning for $5 and offers a three course dinner every night, except Monday, for $7 - $12.

Marge and Harry are inclusive generous souls and the result is a hotel with a congenial communal atmosphere and the sense that you are a part of a big family as you enjoy conversation with other guests in the evenings, and share stories and tips on how to get the most of your time on the island.

This place is not the Ritz, but if you’re a budget conscious traveler, then Miller Manor is defiantly worth consideration. I give it an A++.

22 Thank TomA59