“A Jewel in Paradise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Miller Manor Guest House
Redwood City, California
“A Jewel in Paradise”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you're looking for a down home experience with fabulous hosts, personalized service, a view that is unparalleled, and a staff that goes out of their way to help, then Miller Manor is your place. Marj and Harry are gracious, flexible and caring. A huge shout out to Scott who will help with anything you need, even on his days off! And he gives a terrific tour with helpful hints for anything and everything you need to know during your stay on the island. We're looking forward to our next visit, hands down one of the most delightful places we've had the opportunity to stay at. Thank you Marj, Harry and Scott for making our visit so special.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank paulab619
mm1942, Owner at Miller Manor Guest House, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review, and for mentioning Scott. His tour guide experience has made him a helpful addition to our staff. It was great meeting you, and so much fun having you here at the Manor. We really enjoyed your company!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Reviewed March 31, 2014

If you want to feel like you are welcome and cared for, you will want to stay at the most charming place - Miller Manor. Two dogs and three cats truly help to make you miss your own pets less. The onwers - Marge and Harry are incredibly gracious and warm. There are a number of charming terraces over looking the turquoise waters and sailboats. The living room offers tons of books and interesting artworks. I can't wait to come and visit again soon. Thank you for a wonderul Island stay. It was so relaxing - great rum drinks during cocktail hour too!
Tom and Diana Bulger

Room Tip: All rooms are different, but charming with many communal terraces.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
We're glad you felt at home here. We greatly enjoyed your company, and are grateful for the kind words you have written. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Shoreview, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Marj and Harry make this place a real find! Their warm hospitality and attention to detail made our stay exceptionally good. We enjoyed the privacy of our own space and the opportunity to meet and connect with others in a welcoming community space with a fantastic view of the harbor. The resident cats and dogs contribute to the homey atmosphere. Very clean and a good value!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
mm1942, Owner at Miller Manor Guest House, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
It was great having your family here! Everyone was so interesting and fun. It was a pleasure to be around your infectious good spirits and curiosity. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and also so grateful that you would take the time to write so favorably about us. It's great to be challenged to live up to the kind things that you have said. THANKS!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 24, 2014

There's no better way to experience St. Thomas then staying at the Miller Manor. This place is overall charming and historic. With rooms and hallways the go up, down, around and through the manor you never feel like you've seen it all. The family owners are friendly and helpful ... the pets are active ... and the residents make you feel at home. Definitely look into staying here before you book a 'hotel' in the area.

Room Tip: Every room is different ... ask them.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
mm1942, Owner at Miller Manor Guest House, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thanks for the wonderful pictures and kind words! ...we really enjoyed your time with us.
Come back to see us again soon.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I had an amazing time at the Miller Manor. We stayed for a week in room 105. The room was a good size with a comfy King size bed. We had a private balcony facing the harbour. The value of this hotel was wonderful; we got a night free and on top of that, the base rate was considerably less than other hotels in the area! The views from the bar area were stunning and we enjoyed watching the boats in the harbour as we ate our breakfast each morning. The hotel was well located and we walked around much of the town. We had rented a Jeep and never had a problem finding parking on the street.
The owners and staff made our stay extra special. Harry and Marj were gracious hosts who made sure we had everything we needed. Scott was full of information about places to eat and things to do. We celebrated an anniversary while we were there and they brought us sparkling cider and a lovely card. This was so unexpected and delightful. It made us feel that we were among friends. The hotel is also home to 2 dogs and 4 cats, all of whom were well behaved and friendly. Visiting with them became part of our daily routine.
We will definitely be coming back here when we plan our next trip to the Virgin Islands.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking your valuable time to write such a kind review! We are so glad that you had a good experience at the Miller Manor, and hope we can continue to provide good service and value to our guests.
We enjoyed your stay with us. Every one of our guests enhances our information about the place from which they come, or brings travel experiences that we can share with future guests. In person social media!
Estero, Florida
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Miller Manor Guest House
I just returned from my four night stay at Miller Guest House on St. Thomas. The closest way for me to describe my experience is as follows: Imagine you had some friends who bought a large historic manor house (160 years old) on St. Thomas. They want it to be comfortable for company, so they keep the paint fresh, splurge on decent bed linens and towels, and hire folks to clean the rooms and brings fresh towels every other day or so. They welcome new guests with a complimentary rum drink at the bar/breakfast balcony that overlooks Charlotte Amalie harbor, and every evening the guests gather at the bar and chat (if they feel like it) or simply kickback and watch the sunset. Are you getting the feeling? This hotel/b&b is located up a hill in a residential area. It's an easy walk down to the harbor and town - it's a huff-n-puff walk back up, but makes you thirsty for that drink!

My room was #105 which is considered a premium room. They were running a special and I got the 4th night free! The room had it's own private balcony with table and chairs and that incredible view across the harbor. I had a king-sized bed, mini-fridge (great for leftovers) and a microwave. The bathroom had tiled pink walls (left from a time-gone-by), a shower with decent pressure, and new sink/lavatory fixtures. The entire manor is gated and you come and go with your own key.

I only was able to have breakfast one day due to my work schedule. It was standard American continental: breads for toasting, yogurt, whole fresh fruit, coffee/tea, juice. They had other items you could purchase, but I didn't see anyone take advantage of this offering.

Miller Manor is owned by Harry & Marg and you will get to meet them, I promise. When you do, you will quickly see how important your experience is to them. They also have a jewel-of-a-guy named Scott who greeted me when I arrived, showed me the manor, and provided me with a ton of possibilities for my one day "off". He also served as bartender every evening and works hard to make everyone feel welcome. One morning, the cab that Scott arranged for me the evening before didn't arrive. I had a plane to catch to St. Croix and no access to cab numbers. I rang the bell at the gate and woke up Harry & Marg (it was 6:20 a.m.) and Harry dashed down the stairs, put me in his car and drove me to the airport! Imagine that happening at the Hilton! This is the way it is at Miller Manor - they REALLY want their guests to be comfortable.

A couple of things: If you want designer decor and cookie-cutter rooms, stay at a chain hotel. This baby has the quirks and creaks a 160 year-old lady would have. But it is very comfortable and I felt like I was coming "home" every night. If you don't like cats or dogs, stay at a chain- there are 2 well-behaved dogs, and 4 lovely cats who also live at the Manor. I am highly allergic to cats but didn't have a bit of trouble here - there is tile everywhere so I was fine. So if you want a decent place to sleep, make friends, relax, and experience St. Thomas like a local, stay at Miller Manor. I certainly will again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank AmandaEsteroFL
mm1942, Owner at Miller Manor Guest House, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a clear and comprehensive review. I’m sure many potential guests will gain a better understanding of the Manor after reading this.
I especially enjoyed the comparison made to the “160 year-old lady”, as I have always pictured her that way — as a grand old eccentric lady, with all the idiosyncrasies that come with that designation.
It’s always gratifying when guests value our “lady” and appreciate our efforts to make their stay here feel like home.

Our guests bring such wide and varied travel experiences to share, and hearing their stories is one of the best parts of being here!
Savage, Minnesota
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Perfect views from our balcony, great location to walk to Frenchtown and main street restaurants and shopping. Harry, Margery and Scott were terrific hosts, made us feel right at home. Would highly recommend this B&B!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
mm1942, Owner at Miller Manor Guest House, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We really appreciate your willingness to take the time to write, and will do our best with future guests to live up to your positive comments . Thanks for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again. Our guests make it easy to be good hosts, and if there was a place to review your stay with us, it would rate five stars!