“Great place, Best Hosts!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Charlotte Amalie
Island View Guest House
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Stayed 4 nights at the Island View from November 20 to November 23 (Paradise Jam - Boiler Up!). Not sure we can put in words how much we enjoyed are stay there. The owners Ron and Beth (and their son Josh) could not have possibly been more hospitable. From firing up the grill for one of Ron's famous T-bones to dropping us around town when possible they were always there to help. The property is also very cool and was completely remodeled when they took over the guesthouse a few years ago, and as the name says, it boasts a great view (see pics) of Charlotte Amalie. Not to mention a fantastic a value for travelers not looking to spend an exorbitant amount of money on lodging. If our travels bring us back to St. Thomas there would be no question where we would stay, Island View!

1  Thank BoilersOnTheBeach

Reviewed December 10, 2009

When looking for the best accommodations for the best price in ST. Thomas, USVI, look no further than the Island View Guest House. It sits on a hill overlooking the majesty of the harbour and is a taxi ride away from both the airport and the ferry terminal. Ron and Beth, the owner/ operators are as cool and laid back as any people you could hope to find. They take a real interest in making sure that each customer is fully accommodated and pleased with his or her room, service, and food. They actually offered to grill us food themselves since the small kitchen they operate didn't normally open the day we were in. ( the food was amazing BTW, try the herbed chicken or prime rib) Although we were only in transit through St. Thomas, and only stayed one night, we were treated like kings. We talked business, we talked island stuff, we talked about how AWESOME the COLTS are this year. The next morning their very helpful local staff assisted us in arranging taxi service to the ferry, and also served continental breakfast (and on time). The place has a real "laid back at home" vibe. We will surely return when traveling through or around St. Thomas again. Wishing the best to Ron and Beth, and all the staff at Island View Guesthouse.

Reviewed November 28, 2009

We were recomended to the Island View resort from friends. What a place! Ron and Beth were like best friends to us. They made our stay a comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable experience! Their son Josh and all the staff were very helpful in finding all the hot-spots on the island. We ate like royalty! Ron is an excellent cook and Beth was alot of fun to be around. They even offered to take us on their boat and see the sites from the water and of course, snorkel with them. We would recommend this paradise retreat to anyone that wants to enjoy the Island life at St. Thomas. We look foward to returning again!

Reviewed November 27, 2009

This is my first contribution to Tripadvisor, although I'm an avid reader. The Islandview B&B had such a positive impact on us that I had to register to share my story.

My girlfriend and I had an amazing time in St. Thomas and I can confidently say that a big part of that was thanks everyone at Islandview. Never in our life have I had a group of people make me feel like a part of their family in such a short time. The B&B is great and each of the owners made it a wonderful place to stay. Everyone was so accommodating and friendly that it made our vacation very relaxing and enjoyable. When I think back on our trip, all of the wonderful memories have stemmed from the time we spent at at the B&B.

Beth was the first I spoke with on the phone and she did a great job of answering all of our questions from the very beginning. Everyone you speak with at Islandview is friendly, outgoing and really caring. As soon as we got off the phone with them, we knew we would be staying at Island View and booked it.

The rooms were very nice and cleaned right away each day. We had a great view from the Veranda view and would recommend that to everyone. They have a pool but we spent each day exploring a different beach. Definitely take a day trip to St. John. Also, we rented a car and found plenty of parking at their B&B. I would also recommended getting a car so you can explore on your own and not rely on the taxi's. Driving was a bit difficult due to the narrow winding roads but we got used to it.

Ron grilled us up some fabulous meals and made killer pina coladas. We had dinner two times at the Islandview and were impressed each time. It was nice to just come back to our place after a day of exploring and relax at the Islandview.

Their son Josh was also a huge reason for the success of the B&B. A huge thanks to him for guiding us around the island and treating us like one of his long-time friends. He makes the BEST sauce with the grilled shrimp on their menu, I highly recommend it.

Overall, I think this place was the BEST choice on the Island. I didn't see the value to go to a chain hotel; I can do that on any trip. Islandview is special and we wouldn't stay anywhere else when we go back. Thanks to the whole family for making this a great trip. It's places like this that stand out on Tripadvisor and deserve the recognition for providing a great service to their guests.

Reviewed September 11, 2009

Beats a hotel anytime. Really nice folks. Classic island style lodging.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2009

My girlfriend and I stumbled into this place by chance after catching a flight that we didn't know we would.We were camping on St.John and needed to stay on St.Thomas for one night. Ron, Beth and Josh run the establishment and are by far the friendliest caring people that we met on the whole trip. They will let you stay, rent a jeep, take you out on the water, take you on a tour. Whatever it is you have came to do they will go above and beyond to make sure your trip is the best that it can possibly be. It is not only because we had such a good time hanging out with and getting to know these people that we recommend this place so highly but it is the fact that they are great people and have great hearts. My girlfriend and I flew on standby and basically got stuck on the island for Three extra days, we were out of money and had nowhere to go. They brought us too and from the airport and made sure that we were takin care of. I know that we would not have even got this kind of treatment from the places in our home town. The People that own the Island View care about people not just making money. I don't know how others feel but there are not many places in this world that money is not the main motivator but this is one. The Island view is a place filled with warm hearts and great conversations. If there is any way that you may get a chance you really need to stay here for atleast one night. And the food here is also the best that we had on the whole trip. These people can cook!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cinammonbaycampers42
Reviewed July 15, 2009

We spent one night at IVGH in June on the way to Tortola. Our taxi driver dropped us off after roaming around and eating downtown. Our biggest disappointment was that we ate downtown only to find the IVGH had a restraunt with a steak special that looked and smelled better for a significantly lower price than we paid in town. So plan on eating on the veranda and you will have both great food and a view beyond compare.

We stayed in two of the "bungalows" that provided king bed and one had a kitchenette. Both made use of an inflatable bed for the kids on the floor (one of the reasons we chose the place). These rooms appeared to be larger than the standard rooms, but were still half the price of the main hotel in town. Clean and functional with air conditioning, we found no fault with the stay. However, if you are the 5 star type, they will probably be too small and funky for your tastes. For example, the shower is best described as similar to a travel trailer in size.

The view off the balconies is incredible. The staff was helpful and friendly. Pool is small but fine for kids to frolic in while parents enjoy a drink and the view. We made use of the honor bar and sat enjoying a drink on the veranda watching the lights and chatting while the kids watched TV.

Bottom line: IVGH is a great value is you are a budget minded traveler with a comfortable and clean accomodations. If you are a resort type, you would probably rather spend 3 times as much at one of the beach hotels elsewhere on the island. I will go back again the next time I'm in Charlotte Amalie.

Did I mention the view?