Mafolie Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
View Hotel
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewscharming hoteljunior suitest thomascontinental breakfastbeautiful viewa million dollar viewenglish muffinspool baroverlooking charlotte amaliewater pressuresitting areastayed here for one nightceiling fanthe entire staffgreat drinkssailing tripthe ritz
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way back from the BVI's. The view is wonderful! You can see all of Charlotte Amalie from the pool and restaurant, and I'm sure most of the rooms as well. The staff was very pleasant and the lady at the pool bar was great! The rooms are clean and pretty basic, just know this isn't a five star hotel by any means.

It was good for a night's stay but I wouldn't stay there longer. Our room was a little dated and the location isn't really convenient to beaches or shopping. However I did see that they have a shuttle to Magen's Bay and to the shopping downtown so that would solve that problem.

Make sure you check your receipts though, when we checked in our receipt had us down for a higher rate than what I made my reservation online for, but I showed her my email receipt and quickly gave us the confirmed rate. I just thought it was weird that they would give me a completely different rate then what I made my reservation for.

1  Thank SRod17
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in May 2013, our room had a great view and was clean and comfortable. It was not fancy, very simply furnished but perfect for our needs. The pool area was great and we had a decent dinner at the restaurant. The staff were friendly and helpful, even going to their own accommodation to get me 2 Tylenol.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the balcony facing the ocean
1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed May 8, 2013

As long as you are not looking for a five star hotel, you will not be disappointed. The view from MaFolie is wonderful. I am not sure if I would like to spend a whole week there as it is not near any beach or other points of interest. You would need a car or take taxis which are pretty expensive.
Our room was clean but sparse -- over the restaurant so a bit noisy and with less of a great view from the outside balcony in front of the room. But less steps to the restaurant and the office. The pool is down quite a few steps. Small, but nice.
The breakfast, which is included, was excellent. The wait staff treated us to a fresh smoothie. Delicious.
We ate dinner at the restaurant at a table with a great view of the town and watched as the light faded and the town lights came on all over and on the mountains. Spectacular. The food was very good and the service excellent.
We stayed one night to extend the time we ware booked in St Thomas and it was a very good choice.
Compared to other hotels on St. Thomas, this one is a very nice one for the price.

Room Tip: Rooms above the restaurant do not have much of a view and are noisy.
1  Thank NaplesSally
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'll be sure to update this as long as they take care of the problem, but it doesn't really matter what I think of a hotel property when I get charge once for the normal room rate (one night $195) and on the same day have an additional charge of $587.43! One of the two emails they have is bouncing back, left a message on their phone. If you don't see an update, assume I've had to take the problem to my CC company. :(

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whatisthepoint
2fscondos, General Manager at Mafolie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Sir,
Let me apologize for our mistake. We had a new employee who unfortunately made an accounting error. It is my understanding that you had spoken with our front desk manager, your credit card was credited and this had been resolved. If there is anything I can do to help or if this credit has not “hit” your credit card please call me directly at 518-505-5609. I again apologize for our mistake.

Adam Israel
Mafolie Hotel

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a great hotel with a magnificent view and terrific restaurant/bar! It is above the town of Charlotte Amalie about 5 minutes drive, so if you don't have a car you need to take a cab into town, which is neither a problem nor expensive. We did not feel that the rooms or facility were "dated" but if you are concerned about this they are about to undergo renovation this off season. Very good value and a definite "no-brainer" yes to book for your upcoming visit to St Thomas!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple