Bunker Hill Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
View Hotel
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
View Hotel
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewssugar canefamily owned businessst thomasno elevatorbudget hotelincluded breakfastclean roomswalking distance to downtownfront desk personon site restaurantthird floorwi fiferry dockair conditionerrented a carstepsgade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 16, 2008

I stayed at the Bunker hill hotel on many occasions back in 2004. Believe me when I tell you the rates are great, not the best part of town but you are within walking distance from everything. The downside is the lack of parking and the amount of stairs you have to walk up to get to some of the rooms. The pool is nested just above the lobby but there's not really a view. Staff really helpful but hey its the Caribbean.

• Stayed: January 2004, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Valibro
Reviewed March 20, 2008

The Bunker Hill staff was very nice and rooms were clean. I normally stay at resorts and large chain hotels so this 18 room inn was a nice change for me. Breakfast was very good each am with a nice view !! The location is wonderful just walk down the street and everything is right there : bars, food, ferry to St John and taxis to go to the beaches. I did meet someone who took a short walk to a close beach but I didn't have time to do that. You are staying in town here with the locals, which we got to know and had fun with . We did take a taxi back late a night but I would do that anyplace. The price is right , location is perfect and staff is wonderful ..
Be sure to find Brian from South Jersey at Pirate Ice ( in an alley way b/t Captain's Corner and Tommy Hilfiger ) off of Main street .. tell him Janet and Debbie from Jersey sent you ! Coconuts is a great place too , they have the best burger's and coconut shrimp I have ever had.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank livetotvl
Reviewed March 9, 2008

I just returned from a Fantastic 8 day sailing course with the Scholl of Ocean Sailing and Navigation out of St. Thomas USVI.
I stayed at the Bunker Hill Hotel for three nights befor my sailing and one after. Chosen for its price and from other reviews, It was a good choice. The staff were freindly and helfull, the rooms clean . A pleasent place to stay
This is a hotel to stay at on your way to or back from somewhere . It is not a resort hotel and and if that is what you want look elsewhere.
Some reviwes have commented on the location in respect ot safety,
It may feel out of the comfort Zone for some but I never felt threatend or uneasy walking at night.
One thing to note is the hotel room are on many floors and there is no elevator, if you have problems with stairs this is not for you.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank scouse49
Reviewed February 1, 2008

We booked at this place because it was cheap. It was great. The rooms were clean, a complete breakfast was included (eggs, toast, coffee, juice) and there even was a small pool with lounges on one of the roofs. It is a budget hotel but it was better than we expected. Our friends stayed at the Holiday Inn, paid over twice the price and wished that they had stayed where we were.
The location is good too. Within 2 blocks of all the shopping and main attractions. Some people said it was a dangerous area but we walked - the front desk told us to take a cab after 11. The front desk people were very friendly and had good advise on local stuff.
Would stay there again in a heatbeat.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 12, 2007

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean but very, very basic. It was just a place to crash after a long days flight before we ventured on to St. John for the next week and 1/2. There were numerous steps that luggage had to be carried up with no elevators. During daytime hours it is located 1.5 blocks from the main shopping area and very close to all. During night time hours the area was not an area that we preferred to venture out. We well find a different location on the waterfront to try out next for our next visit. We love the islands and plan on future stays.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family