Emerald Beach Resort
$161
$130
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$202
$196
Olga's Fancy(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$145
$99
Windward Passage Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$139
  • Pool
Galleon House Bed & Breakfast(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$95
$92
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Bunker Hill Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
$100
$96
Midtown Guest House(Charlotte Amalie)
$80
$145
  • Pool
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
$283
$170
Bluebeard's Castle Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,849 results
All reviewsclose to the airportbeach barst thomasgreat beachlindbergh baybeautiful baybeach frontthird floorrum punchhotel restaurantcruise shipthe ritznice poolvirgin islandsgift shoprental carfree shuttle
Woodbridge NJ
Reviewed July 1, 2005

Just returned from St.Thomas and stayed at Emerald Beach.
This hotel is in need of a complete makeover. The lobby and restaurant were good. The beach and pool were beautiful.
The rooms were a disaster. They were in desperate need of a paint job.
Looked like mold growing on the ceiling. We also had a leak in our bathroom, I reported it the day we got there and it was never fixed during our entire stay.
Hotel is a little strict with the use of room towels and pool towels.
I always have tried to stay in a Best Western and that is why I chose this hotel, this will make me rethink that logic.
This hotel is really not close to anything except the airport. The downtown of St. Thomas left a lot to be desired.
Virgilios is an excellent place to eat downtown, just don't go at night.

• Stayed: June 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Staunton , Va.
Reviewed June 28, 2005

Hello, Booked six nites June 2nd thru 7th on Expedia. This hotel is fine and the beach is great.. Saw an octopus 15 feet from beach when I was snorkeling..Donot bother with the Friday nite buffet , its a ripoff..Eat at the Greenhouse cool place ..Take care everyone
Scott & Selena

Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2005

This hotel is just fine if you want to have a cheap vacation in the USVI. However, don't expect there to be any staff around to help you out. Also - don't go swimming near the rocks on the beach because you will get stung by a sea erchin. The pool bar is such a riot! Lenny the bartender was so funny. The food was as good as we had at the Westin in St. John...so that's a plus. The room was very clean and the bathroom was pretty nice. The worst thing about the hotel is that it is not near anything so the cabs will cost you $9 per person to go to red hook.

5  Thank RoryHeidi
chicago, il
Reviewed June 16, 2005

I was a little nervous about staying at emerald beach because I had read a lot of bad reviews, it ended up being a really nice place to stay. The rooms were clean, we never had any problems with the staff, and the beach was absolutly beautiful. I loved that the beach wasn't crowded and the water was very calm, it was the perfect place to lounge in the sun. The food at the hotel was so-so. The free breakfast wasn't bad, lots of fresh fruit, muffins, cereal things like that. We only ate dinner at the hotel once, we usually went out to eat, the Green House was really good and reasonably priced. We also went to Tavern On The Waterfront which was very good, esp. their ribs, but a little pricey. The best thing is to rent a car, the cabs are very expensive. They charged us $10 from the airport to the hotel which is about 4 blocks away, we ended up walking back to the airport on our last day and it only took about 10 min. St. Thomas in general wasn't as nice as I thought it would be, outside of the resorts it was very dirty and not safe to walk around at night which holds true for almost anywhere you go. But I was pleasntly suprised with the Best Western Emerald Beach.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2005

We were booking our December trip literally at the last minute and the Best Western Emerald Beach was the only hotel available (tip: When I called the Best Western's 800 number, they told me the hotel was fully booked so I called the hotel directly and they had rooms available).
It's an adequate hotel. You definitely need to rent a car if you intend to explore the island at all (it's easy to get a car because you can just walk to the airport which is 5 minutes away). The rooms are okay, but it has a great beach. We never ate at the hotel (the breakfast didn't look too great) and the staff was unhelpful. If you need a room and don't want to pay a lot of money for the Ritz or the Marriott, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2004