2,297 results
All reviews close to the airport beach bar caribbean fusion st thomas great beach lindbergh bay beach front front desk staff hotel restaurant nice pool the ritz beautiful view virgin islands gift shop joel tiffany wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed November 23, 2015

I stayed here Oct. 29th - Nov. 2nd, 2015. I had no issues with check in and was presented with a coupon for a free rum punch. The room was clean upon inspection. Same with the towels and the linens. The room decor is a little outdated but everything was in working order. Special shout out to Sherma who took care of us and did it with a smile.

For a property that is so close to the airport, you really don't hear the planes when you are in the room. I ate breakfast twice at the restaurant and the breakfast was fresh. Loved the homefries and sausage. Coffee wasn't bad either.

I was in room 3106. I had bad cellphone reception on that level. Halloween it rained very heavy and on the walkway leading to my door were hundreds and hundred of dead flying ants. Some were even in my room and I would find their wings on the bed. I hurried up and ripped off the blankets and found two big ants in my bed. Also, the room had little ants and mosquitoes so be sure to walk with repellent spray.

I never made it to the beach because we went to the other beaches on the island but it was always so beautiful to go out on the balcony and watch.

Went to the pool twice. Had a sexy ambiance to it at night and it was clean. One night we stayed till about 4 am and the inspector (outside vendor) came to test the water and chlorine levels.

This is definitely somewhere I would stay in the near future. If you are looking for a budget friendly escape, this is the place for you.

Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2015

Thank you for your review of Emerald Beach Resort. You experienced a very strange phenomenon that happens once every year or two when there is intense rain: the flying ants or termites! They are everywhere; somehow they even manage to get inside. They don't bite or sting, and they are gone as quickly as they appear. Very rare and very bizarre!

As you mentioned our pool is lovely. It features a rock wall and waterfall and is situated right on the Caribbean Sea.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you here again.

Reviewed November 17, 2015

This isn't a fancy place but it was clean, friendly and very close to the St Thomas airport. It would be a reasonable place to stay as a quick stop between islands or a convenient place if luxury isn't a desire. Beach, pool, bar and dining are good; rooms are okay.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review your short stay at Emerald Beach Resort. We are pleased that you found our resort clean, tidy and friendly.

Yes, we are an excellent "quick stop" for island hoppers, but also offer everything guests could want in a Caribbean vacation. As the Guest Relations Manager and Concierge, I'm happy to offer guests suggestions on tours and excursions, and general island information.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope you will join us at Emerald Beach Resort again!

Reviewed November 17, 2015

The hotel is a wonderful place to stay. The room are very nice and comfortable. The beach is beautiful and the staff is great! They are very helpful and make your stay pleasurable. The bar and restaurant are well staffed. They cater to all your needs and go the extra mile to make sure the service is top notch! Jessica is one of the best waitress. I travel about 200 days a year for work and I have to say this is one of the best places to stay. Not your typical hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so very much for taking time to write such a lovely review of Emerald Beach Resort. We are so pleased that you appreciated our accommodations, grounds, staff and restaurant.

We are very fortunate to be located on one of the most beautiful beaches on St. Thomas. And we pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our guests.

We certainly hope your travels bring you back this way again.

Reviewed November 16, 2015

I stayed for a night before getting on a sailing charter. The hotel, rooms, and ground are great. The beach bar is also fun. Great value for a night or two. We ate at the buffet at the recommendation of the bartender. The food was not particularly good and was $30 per person which we felt was way over priced. Since we did not go out of our way to determine the price before hand I didn't say anything. That night both my wife and I became ill. Upon checkout I let the front desk know and that I would like a refund for the dinner. She asked me if I let the restaurant know that the food made us sick. I informed her that we couldn't because we did not get sick until the middle of the night. She then asked if I called the front desk in the middle of the night. I told her that I didn't and that they couldn't have done anything at 2am anyway. I then asked for a manager. She informed me the manager would be in at 10am. I told her it was 10:30 am to which I was told the manager runs late. I couldn't stay due to needing to get going so they took my number and promised a call back. I'm still waiting for that call over a week later.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael B

I am very sorry to hear that you and your new bride became ill during your one-night stay with us. I am looking into the situation and will be in touch if you will please email me your telephone number (my email address is below).

I am pleased that you were very happy with our property and accommodations.

I look forward to hearing from you and I will follow up.

guestrelations@emeraldbeach.com

Reviewed November 14, 2015

I have stayed in a number of hotels around the United Sates and this is one of the best if not the best that I have stayed in. The services were excellent and second to no other. The receptionist was very good and the services rendered at the restaurant during dinner and breakfast was outstanding. It was all about customer service for the employees at the hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We so appreciate your taking the time to review your stay at Emerald Beach Resort and all of your positive comments. We pride ourselves on offering warm, Caribbean hospitality and feel very fortunate to have such a wonderful staff. It's great to hear that your experienced all of that.

We certainly hope you will allow us to host your next visit to St. Thomas. We look forward to seeing you again!