2,297 results
All reviews close to the airport beach bar caribbean fusion st thomas great beach lindbergh bay beach front front desk staff hotel restaurant nice pool the ritz beautiful view virgin islands gift shop joel tiffany wedding
Selected filters
Reviewed January 28, 2015

Excellent location with every room facing the water and being feet from the beach is amazing. Morgan the bar tender is super friendly, makes great drinks, and gives good suggestions for things to do around the island.
Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful always greeted us with a smile.
Housekeeping was very thorough.
The only downside was the lack of for meals at the restaurant. Many times the restaurant we're out of items that were listed on the menu. We ordered a lot off of the bar menu which seem to have a better variety and never ran out of choices.
There are wild roosters that wander the property and if you're in the right building you will hear them wake you up bright and early.
There are always taxis ready and waiting to take you anywhere you need to go. Make sure you ask the price before you get into the taxi. The best taxi drivers were Mary and Lepee

Room tip: Every room is a good room because they all face the water and have quick access to the beach. Be aware if you are in building three or four you will be woken up by a rooster. It is actually quite funny and you do get used to it.
3  Thank Dayne F
Reviewed January 26, 2015

Have stayed here my last 3 trips to St. Thomas and have never been disappointed. Friendly bar staff and beautiful beach.

Rooms are spacious and clean. You hear the odd airplane but that did not affect our sleep. I would highly recommend this hotel

4  Thank Phil M
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2015

I am so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Emerald Beach when your travel plans bring you back to St. Thomas! Thanks for your review and see you next time!

Best Wishes

Linda Mason
Sales Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2015

Hello Fellow Travelers,

We booked this hotel due to price, it being on the beach and having a pool. I was not to keen on staying a best western for a 5 day vacation but we took our chances.

My husband fell very ill and was unable to travel the day we were supposed to check in. The best western customer service line told me I had missed the window to cancel or make changes as it is less then 48 hours and they could do nothing for me. I will be charged the first night for a no show. I asked to speak to a manager they told me to not bother and I can contact the hotel directly and see if they can do something for me. Let me tell you I was FURIOUS they were rude and it was just stupid I could not move my dates. Anyhow I called the hotel and spoke to the reservations manager Sherine and she was AMAZING thats what I call a manager. Every manager out there should take lessons on her customer service skills. She waited on the phone with me patiently to rebook a new flight and changed my hotel arrival dates for me. When I arrived she was at the front desk had a room and beach towels ready for us. This better service then I have experienced at 5 star hotels. It was such a relief she easily moved our dates for us no charge and understood we had an emergency.

We arrived at the airport grabbed our luggage and walked to the hotel. It was about a 10-15 min walk it was hot but we just thought why not since we can see it from hotel and looked easy enough. We made it in checked in and got to our room. It was simple carribean style. Had a flat screen TV, wifi, coffee maker (coffee in room was better then restaurant) and was clean we were happy with just that. Put on our swimwear and jumped in the ocean. All rooms should have a view unless there is trees in your way. I would suggest the 2nd or third floor I don't mind the stairs but I found the first floor balconys not private enough for me with all the beach goers.

The beach was AMAZING it is a bit rocky in front of Building 3 and 4. But in front of building 1 and 2 was really nice. I saw fish 10 feet from the shore. You can see them walking in as I was only waist deep.

Restaurants- We LOVED LOVED the carribbean fusion restaurant for breakfast. It was one of the best breakfasts we had ever. Lunch and dinner were good to but breakfast offered a lot. We never did the breakfast buffets just ordered a la carte. Recommend the fusion scramble it was tasty.

Beach Bar- Please note it is not open for breakfast just lunch and dinner till 10pm. We did enjoy the food here as well. They do have some drink specials so you can get some deals at the right time.

The food was pricier then I had expected but to be quite frank all the places we went to in Virgin Islands were pricey actually this hotel was one of the better priced food.

We also did order in Dominos Pizza and watched tv on one of the rainy nights. Dominos was quite good. It arrived quick and hot. The hotel provided the number and we called in and left hotel room number was as easy as that.

Pool was a nice break from the beach especially when the Cruise ships arrive and oh boy did the beach get busy!!! For most of our trips there was no ships so we had the beach at times to ourselves in certain areas. But one of the days there was 6 ships docked!! The beach was packed and the chairs were all in use. I would recommend looking into what days cruise ships come in http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/cruiseship/ship_schedule.php in case this is an issue for you.

Tips-
There is a excursion planner/concierge by the gift shop. The have plenty of options for sailing, trips to St Johns or the British Virgin Islands or snorkeling with the turtles. The pricing seemed competitive.
Bring Bug Repellant we were eaten alive.
Visit St John it was stunning, you can get a taxi to red hook dock and get on a ferry yourself, there is taxis at all docks just tell them where you wanna go. It was easy.

Last ok so this will be a problem for some.....the roosters. My husband and I were up at 6am so we did not mind the roosters crowing literally outside of our balcony we can see them. But for some guests I can see how this can be an issue so warning there is roosters hanging outside at the beach crowing. As well as baby chicks, cats, crabs and lizards. A few of the cats are hanging with you while you eat at restaurants we didn't mind.

5  Thank irrum
Reviewed January 24, 2015

We loved being right on the beach so that we could go for a morning swim before breakfast! The views were great from the balcony (everyone has one facing the beach). The price was a little high. I think, including the tax, ours came to around $375 a night (this was in their busy season). The rooms were clean, but the bed was a little hard. We stayed 2 nights, one when flying into St. Thomas (before heading to St. John for 6 nights) and one before flying back home. The first morning we were woken up at 6 am by a roster(s) that crowed every 5 secs for at least 2 hours. We were staying on the ground level on the east side of the facility. Our last night we stayed more on the west side and on the 3rd floor and we didn't hear any rosters. The first night there we had a watermelon lettuce type of salad that was very good. We had it again the last night we were there but the lettuce was bitter. Prices are high at that restaurant (Caribbean Fusion) and service is a little slow. I would not recommend the restaurant but I would recommend the hotel! There is a beautiful pool on sight and beach towels can be checked out (they are free if you return them by the time that you check out).

Room tip: Stay away from the east end if you don't want to be woken up before the sun by a roster.
1  Thank AnnieDodgeCity_KS
Reviewed January 21, 2015

My husband and I arrived on December 30th for 17 nights. From the minute we checked in until the day we left, the entire staff went above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The women at the front desk were wonderful, and they took care of all of my requests promptly and with a smile. The bartenders (Zack, Morgan, Ryan, and Andy...forgive me if I left someone out) are just amazing. I cannot say enough good things about the service at this bar. We enjoyed this spot so much that we ate dinner here many time, and the food was excellent. The scallops, jerk chicken, lamb and stuffed fish were delicious and, of course, the hamburgers are always great; not to mention the location at the water's edge. (I wish they had conch chowder...) Most mornings I got breakfast to go and enjoyed the food under my favorite palm tree. Each morning I was greeted with a smile and prompt service. The housekeepers did a great job with housekeeping, and I was always greeted with a smile and a good morning. In fact, I cannot remember walking by a single employee without receiving a smile and hello. This is not a five star "Ritz" resort, so if you're looking for that "kind of thing" you might want to shop elsewhere. However, if you're looking for a beautiful location on the beach with a large, clean room and a spectacular ocean view and grounds and staff to match, then this is the place for you. We have already made reservations for next year......Can't wait for my first margarita on December 30th. I have to add that, in the past, beach towels have been "an issue". This was NOT the case on this visit. :) Thanks for listening BW. If I had to make a request it would be to have someone clean and rake the beach in the morning. Other than that, thank you Best Western for another perfect vacation..... See you next year.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank Rh0deIslandBeachBum

It is always wonderful for us to have repeat guests visit us each year at Emerald Beach Resort. We appreciate your business and look forward to each and every visit welcoming you into our Emerald Beach Family! It’s great to hear that we have improved our services and exceeded your expectations! Our goal is to offer our guests a great value, great customer service and we are always looking for ways to improve our guest’s experience!

We welcome your praise for our great “Beach Bar” Crew! You can’t beat the view, the food or the service, offering one of the best “sunset” spots on the Island! Until next year!

Best Wishes