“It was nice”

Emerald Beach Resort
Lapeer, Michigan
“It was nice”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My husband and I got married on Emerald Beach and stayed at the resort for a week in may of 2014. The beach was beautiful the staff was very friendly and helpful. I only have a few things that I didn't like the room service didn't come until 4-5 pm and we were generally getting ready to go to dinner at that time so our room got serviced I think once the whole week we were there. And the day we got married we were walking back to our hotel and there was broken glass on the side walk now you are walking from a beach so we didn't have shoes on and most people walking through there didn't either we told the front desk and they said they were going to take care of it immediately but it was 2 days before it actually got cleaned up. The rooms were clean and so was everything else. If you are getting married on the island you have to be a go with the flow bride my bouquet wasn't even the right flowers let alone the right style I personally didn't care but to some people that might be a big deal.
Remember everything is on Island time... nothing is fast plan on getting your food an hour after you order anywhere you go. The sister hotel Oceanside was the best restaurant we ate at on the island and some of our wedding party stayed there and said it was awesome! And there rooms were serviced no later then 10 am. There pictures are also photo shopped there is a huge waste water treatment plant in view at all times but it doesn't smell its just not pretty to look at. All and all it was a good stay and I would probably go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel very early in the morning. We knew check in time is 4:00PM. However, the wonderful attendant got us 1 room and before we had completed our breakfast, the second room was ready for our friends. The view is simply spectacular. Rooms are nice and clean. Some may think curtains and furniture is outdated, but all are still in good shape. The restaurant is a very nice facility with its various levels. The menu has its nice variety for all tastes. Service was shorthanded. 2-3 employees attending a pretty full restaurant will make things slow, reminding us that we were on island time. Servers were very attentive. However, the opportunity is there to teach the staff how to serve. First, you supply the table with utensils and napkins, then you bring coffee and sugar. Not the other way around. Food was cold but flavorfull. Bar served great drinks. Pool was excellent and food served from the bar was plenty and good. The bathrooms close to the restaurant was a mess and I reported it to the lobby clerk who sent someone to clean. I find it awkward that there was no staff monitoring the bath to assure it is serviced as required. I recognize there were some activities going on but that should not be an excuse for monitoring public areas for cleanliness. Overall, the hotel could use some TLC, but it still works as it is. We can go back without problems.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you Reinaldo for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We take all of our reviews seriously and are always interested in what our guests have to say about their stay!

It’s wonderful that our front desk attendant was able to get your room in a timely fashion. We do our best to get guests into their room as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Caribbean Fusion is new to Emerald Beach Resort, and so far, we have been very happy with the results. We try to incorporate Caribbean cuisine, but also offer something for the pickier eater in the group. Currently, we are getting the flow for the restaurant down and are always aiming to improve. Our bar is another strong suit in our resort. We couldn’t be happier with the services we provide our customers and the quality of drinks and food they are producing. It’s great to hear you enjoyed both the beach bar and the pool!

Our grounds are cleaned on a daily basis and that includes the bathrooms near the restaurant. Some days are a bit busier than others, but we always make it a habit to have staff look out for things like that. We do appreciate you acknowledging the restroom condition to the lobby clerk so it could be serviced sooner.

We hope to see you again in the future and thank you again for your review!

Trenton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My love n I enjoy our self here ..our room views was great I think breakfast should be free doe but other then that's it's was grat we went jet ski enjoy the beach n yes we is come n back here.. I so love the Emerald beach I want to come back n stay

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Barrington, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed here on our last night after 8 wonderful days on ST John. Proximity to airport is convenient and restaurant and great bartenders add to the enjoyable stay at Emerald Beach Resort this is our second time staying here and I highly recommend. Beds are comfortable pool is awesome and restaurant food is great.

Room Tip: All room locations are good!
1 Thank Cindy C
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you Cindy for your feedback about your stay at Emerald Beach Resort! We appreciate your recommendation, and are glad you enjoyed both the bar and restaurant. We are also happy that you have choose to stay with us again and hope that you keep staying years to come!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I obviously travel a lot more than most people and this spot, St. Thomas, Emerald Resort, Best Western is my most relaxing destination. I'm writing this as I finish confirmation of my next visit! The staff and accommodations improve with every visit. The Restaurant has recently added a delightfully Caribbean flare to it's menu. I can't wait to see the newest upgrades as the last visit was full of pleasant surprises. All in all, this little jewel of the Caribbean is the best bang for your buck and if you know anything about Caribbean culture and flavor it's not the money you spend here it's about the service that's returned. I think that says enough. Look for excellence and be pleased, look for perfection...elsewhere!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for reviewing us again on TripAdvisor. It’s always a pleasure hearing about your stay and knowing that you always have a good time with us!

We are always looking to improve and it’s great to know that you we are doing a good job. We take good service very seriously and are always thinking up new ways to show our guests a good time! Caribbean Fusion is our new and improved restaurant with a Caribbean flare. The menu is updated and delicious and we are very excited about all the recent changes!

Thank you again for always letting us know how we are doing and staying with us whenever you’re on island.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I really wasn't sure how Emerald Beach would be but decided last minute to take a short weekend trip to St. Thomas and the price was certainly right. We arrived and, yes, it's SO close to the airport that we walked from the airport to the hotel (and back to the airport after our stay) and it took about 10 minutes or so. The planes didn't bother us at all! The air traffic doesn't begin until after 8:00 a.m. and ends for the day at about 9:00 p.m. and it's by no means constant. I'm thinking maybe five large aircraft a day or so. The room was lovely with a balcony offering a view of the ocean (although what's with the shower curtain??? It barely reaches the tub, defeating its purpose completely). The little beach bar is fantastic and the food was great as well. I seem to recall reading "Stay here but don't eat here" on Trip Advisor or elsewhere so I was a bit apprehensive about the restaurant. The breakfast buffet and omelets were fantastic! Eat there and you won't be hungry until dinner. We did tend to eat lunch out while shopping but we had conch fritters, Caesar salad and blackened chicken at the beach bar and loved every bit of it.

We usually stay at Frenchman's Reef in St. Thomas and love it but I will say if you want to go to the island and don't want to drop a ton of money, Emerald Beach is a great choice.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if stairs are an issue, request a ground floor room.
1 Thank Judi C
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you Judi for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We are happy you had a great weekend trip to St. Thomas and choosing to stay with us!

Our location makes it easy for the traveler to quickly arrive to their destination as fast and convenient as possible. It’s great to hear that you were able to walk to us with absolutely no problem! Since we are by the airport, we get many people asking about the air traffic noise, and, like you said, it isn’t bad. Our rooms have been recently renovated and all the balconies have a wonderful view of the ocean. Also, we will look into the shower curtains.

Thank you for your wonderful words about our beach bar! It is one of our hidden treasures. We couldn’t be happier with the service, food, and drinks. Also, our breakfast buffet is loaded with some of the most popular and filling breakfast foods. We are so glad you choose to stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Sauk Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Great view, nice people... I gave a big issue with someone from the hotel charging my credit card, and my trip was pre-paid through Apple vacations. This made my account negative over a 3 day weekend. I was on the phone and running back and forth to my bank, Best Western never offered me any type of compensation for a mistake made by their employee.
Karla Edwards

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Karla for taking the time to write a review for us.
We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and our proximity to the beautiful Lindbergh Bay and we are glad you enjoyed both. We do apologize for the human error on our part. Since you did book through Apple Vacations, there were limitations as to what we could do to compensate for what had happened. We will look into this situation further so we can better understand how to deal with something like this in the future.

Again, thank you Karla Edwards for both staying at Emerald Beach and reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Social Media

#1 of 5 in East End
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
#3 of 22 in St. Thomas

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!