“Beautiful place!”

Copenhagen, Denmark
“Beautiful place!”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Positive:
Beautiful view from the rooms!
Fantastic beach with white sand and turquoise water!
Great big room with big beds and a lovely balcony.
Free air con, fan in the ceiling, wi-fi and sun beds.
Friendly and helpful staff.
Good cleaning.

Room for improvement:
We desperately needed a screen in the balcony door to keep out the very annoying mosquitos! Would've loved to sleep with the door open at night but it was impossible cause of the blood thirsty bugs.
The breakfast buffet needed decent cheese/jam/cream cheese/honey/Nutella/whatever - the spreads(cheese and jelly) are really boring.
There was an accident with a broken water pipe while we were there but we got no information about the situation apart from what we asked ourselves. It was Saturday afternoon/evening and our entire block was without water for hours but noone from the staff did anything to inform us or make sure we were offered alternative showers e.g., even though many of us were planning on going out for dinner etc. The water came back early in the evening but went missing again the following day - again without any information. I'm aware that it was "force majeure" but would've been nice with a more proactive staff in that specific situation.

All in all:
Very happy with Emerald Beach Resort and we'd definitely come back again!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Awaiting departure on a cruise, we found this hotel to be comfortable and convenient. The staff were friendly. The rooms need refreshing. It was quiet and the nearby airport was not annoying. The dining room was so so but service was friendly. The buffet was not worth the cost.

Stayed March 2014
stamford, ct
Reviewed March 15, 2014

While my expectations were low, the hotel was still disappointing. We had a wonderful stay in St. John for the week where we rented a great house. Our flights were one day later than we could stay in the house so we decided to spend one night at the Best Western and then head to the airport in the morning. I used Tripadvisor reviews to make this decision. It seemed very convenient to stay near the airport but I worried about the noise. Many reviews said nothing about the planes so I figured it was worth a shot. It shocks me that every review doesn't mention the incredibly loud airplanes overhead throughout the day. I can't imagine coming here for any other reason than a one night layover. The noise stops at night but I worry about 8am and if my room will shake! The beach is lovely (the one good thing) but it's hard to really enjoy it fully when you have jet planes right above you. But that's not the worst of it. When I went to take a shower, I found there were no towels. When I went to call for towels my phone had no power (and neither did the clock radio by it's side). As we left for dinner I asked for help. The towels were here when we got back but the phone and radio were still not working. When I went to change stations on the TV, the remote wouldn't work. When I wanted to have fresh air, there was no screen on the sliding glass door. This I found truly absurd with all the bugs on the islands and the great fresh air that should be savored. To add to the oddity - there are no elevators so you have to lug all your bags up one or two flights if you aren't on the main floor. The hotel has been updated some but it still feels dated. Also there seem to be a lot of smokers here. Sad. For almost $300 a night it really was a disappointment.

Room Tip: Ask to not be near the bar b/c the music / noise level is loud. But you won't be keeping your d...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
I want to thank you for your review about your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort. We do take our reviews very seriously; reading and responding to them, and are always trying to improve our guest’s experience.

We enjoy a beautiful beachfront location with all rooms enjoying a spectacular view of the Beach and the Caribbean Sea. We are conveniently located near the airport with a small number of flights arriving and departing from St. Thomas, mostly in the afternoon, with no late evening or early morning flights.

Our front desk is always happy to help and available to assist you should you need anything during your stay with us! We do apologize for any inconvenience due to your phone and remote control not working! We pride ourselves on our friendly and courteous staff and providing all of our guests with a memorable stay at a great value!

It is also important to us to conserve energy at our resort and we have found that having screens encourages people to leave their windows open and run their air conditioners at the same time. Enjoying the out of doors is easy to do at Emerald Beach at our wonderful Beach, any of our restaurants (Caribbean Fusion, The Beach Bar, and Oceanside Bistro) and from your private patio; all just a few steps from the beach!

I welcome your phone call to discuss your recent stay and hope that you will reconsider and visit us again on your next St. Thomas Trip!

Linda Mason
Sales Manager
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed with my partner for 3 nights. The staff are really nice and the views from the room are really nice. It's right on the beach which is quite nice also. The only faults I would have is there is no elevator and it's a bit of a walk between facilities. It's also a bit expensive but the surroundings make you forget that. I'd go back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darren B
Poland
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed with my wife for 2 nights.

Liked: good location, very nice and relatively quick staff, great view of the bay from the room, nice beach right out the back door, great vibe in the restaurant area.

Didn't like: older crowd a majority of guests: no elevator; long distances between different facilities with no ramps (pain when having luggage); no breakfast inclusion in the price; expensive dining within;

Generally, would definitely stay there again if we again in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank czaja2016
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Reviewed March 8, 2014

The hotel is very close to the airport and super convenient if you need to wait until the morning for your ferry to Road Town. It's right on the beach and has decent food. The hotel is a bit expensive for what you get but the location is king. There is a sister property closer to the airport that is cheaper and allows you access to this hotel but it's not on the beach like this hotel. I plan to stay here for a night on our next visit as it's super convenient but it comes at a price. Rooms were basic but clean and overlooked the beach and water. Service was fine.

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank JGalt2
Huntsville, Texas
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I was tired of winter and in need of a break and I found this hotel on tripadvisor. It is within walking distance of the airport. It may be an older facility but has been updated. Snorkeled out to the point one morning, pleasant swim but not a lot to see until you get further out. So handy though, being right on the beach. There's a "neighborhood" type bar right on the beach. I was taking pictures of the sunset from the deck and stuck up a conversation with another shutterbug. When I went in for dinner, he turned out to be Paul the waiter. Delicious stuffed Caribbean lobster with a view of the bay. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and hope to go back next winter!

Room Tip: Two buildings are partially blocked by trees while the others have direct views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Point Pleasant Resort
#1 of 5 in East End
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
Sugar Bay Resort & Spa

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!