“Very friendly resort”

Emerald Beach Resort
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Very friendly resort”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed here for only one night before our sailing trip and were very impressed with the hotel staff. Everyone was extremely helpful and friendly. Nice beach and bar, relaxing atmosphere and very close to the airport and fast ferry to Tortula. I would definitely recommend to anyone needing a short stay in St. Thomas!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Michelle B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I'm sure you have read about and experienced hotels with amenities. Things mostly, like posh chairs, wet bars, Jacuzzi tubs, etc. I'm writing about the intangibles. From the time I hear Giselle's voice at reservations, to the moment I have to give back the room key, the intangibles are what makes this my place. I say that, "My place" as I would say, "my home" as these people, Giselle, Sharene and Paul, all the way down to the Bartending crew and maintenance staff are kind! I'm not talking about the superficial nice you get from the ritz or raddison chain but the kindness you get from your grandmother. They listen to your boring stories and they laugh with you. You are important to them. To a nothing and a nobody, in this world of great people and feats, that's something very special. I wish I could explain how good it is to feel important. To feel someone really does care about my happiness, even for only a week out of the year. appropriately named emerald beach by the Best western chain it is a radiant gem in the Caribbean. not to be confused with the other best western Caribe the emerald holds the key to a gentle but exciting, calm but invigorating vacation. Would I stay longer? you bet! Would I recommend her to my friends and family? I often invite them to come along! Is it perfect? Are you? It's a gem and it has its flaws like any precious jewel, look past them to happiness. A word of advice to the traveler, If you go through life expecting perfection, expect to be disappointed. Instead look for excellence and you will be pleased. My stay, once again with Best Western Emerald beach allows me a rewind and gives me the tranquility absent in the rest of the world. I wrote this several months after staying because I forgot, but today I made new reservations with my love, at The Emerald and was reminded by Sharene's voice how truly musical this place is. I started smiling again in anticipation.

Room Tip: just ask for Giselle and please be polite!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Scubeedive
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was our second time coming here. It needs updating but you cant beat the view. All rooms are directly on the beach. We went during "Cruise Season" so the people from the ship come early in the morning, around 9:30-10 or so, and like to hog the chairs. The restaurant is expensive, but again, offers a gorgeous view. Please remember that no matter where you go, your on island time, which means, you'll wait.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Bemont, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband and I live on Mountain Top and we came down to check out the two hotels on Lindbergh Bay/Emerald Beach... Best Western Plus being one of the two. We were looking for a hotel to recommend to friends who would like to visit us.

The reason we checked this one out is because it is right next to the airport and it has a beach, restaurant and bar. If you are looking for staying put and not traveling too far for food, fun and a decent night's sleep, this is the one we would choose. Rooms are clean, food is decent beach is out your front door, and they are dog and family-friendly.

We hung out at the bar and were treated to the best Island Bushwacker I have tasted since I've moved here. the Photos I've included are of Morgan and Zach, the creator of my favorite Bushwacker recipe, but the beach is great and there was definitely a party vibe going on.

Everyone I spoke to who were staying here seemed happy with their accommodations. It is a 15 minute walk to the marina where the cruise ships come in, and we saw boats anchored in the bay. Only caveat is, if you want to be the only ones on the beach, this is not the place to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Fran S
Rhode Island
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 17 night stay at the Best Western, and we will be returning next year. The beach is gorgeous, and the rooms are clean, spacious and, best of all, everything worked!!!! Customer service is first and foremost at this ocean side retreat. Each and every request was met with a smile and promptly taken care of. The day we arrived our room was not done. No big deal. We simply went to the bar for our free drinks. Yes, others might have gotten angry, but come on people. You are in the Caribbean. Upon entering our room I noticed the curtain needed repair. Now keep in mind, this was New Year's Eve. I reported it but told them it was no big deal. The next day it was fixed!!!! New Years morning I had a problem with the remote (operator error). At 7:00 AM I called the front desk and was told they would tell the maintenance people when they arrived. Well, I thought good luck with that. The gentleman arrived within the hour and promptly took care of the problem. I could go on and on, but this is the excellent service I received during my stay. The girls at the front desk were wonderful; each and every one of the girls went above and beyond to insure my requests were met. (A special shout out to Gieselle and Tiffany from room 1306!!!!) I witnessed several RUDE people taking their frustrations out on them, and they remained curteous even when they were treated poorly. The bartenders were wonderful. All were professional and a pleasure to talk to each day and went out of their way to make our margaritas like we do back home. Thank you Tony, Zack, Morgan, Ryan, Jodi....you guys are the best. The food in the restaurant was very good. I have read people thought it was "pricey". People, you are in the Caribbean. The only thing I will say is that dining in the restaurant in the evenings can take FOREVER, even to get your first drink. Having said that, the waitstaff was wonderful; curteous and pleasant. On those nights we wanted to eat sooner rather than later, we simply had dinner at the bar where Tony saw to our every need. (Great guy!!!!) We had breakfast in the restaurant several times, and were pleased with the food and the service. Needless to say the beach is gorgeous and, since we are beach people, we were very happy sitting under our palm tree each day. (Regarding the beach, the wedding planner really hijacks the beach-don't walk on the beach, don't go in the water, bla bla bla Thank God there were only three weddings while we were there. My thought would be find a more secluded spot. It's pretty hard to have everyone "follow the rules" especially on cruiseship days). Enough of that. If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to have someone rake the beach and pickup the trash; especially the cigarette butts. Speaking of cigarettes, it would be great if there was no smoking at the outside bar. I know, I know, it's outside, but we never visited another bar on the island where smoking was permitted. OK here comes my husband's big concern....he couldn't get the Patriat's Game on TV which meant the Beachcomber Bar got our money that night; both for dinner and drinks. The TV is very limited. It would be nice if the three major networks were available in the room. One final comment....If you are looking for "guest services and a concierge" this is not the place for you; definitely not the Ritz which is exactly why we come.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rh0deIslandBeachBum
Intercourse, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Awesome stay, beautiful location, great staff and accommodations. This is our place to stay on St.Thomas! We love the location, the snorkeling is great, one of the best beaches on the island! Cant wait to return

Room Tip: Building 2 & 3 are the best
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Kurt T
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed here for 10 days over Christmas. Even though the hotel is older, the rooms are clean and decently appointed. The hotel sits right on the sand, and has a good restaurant and great bar. The food is a little pricey, but the bar is cheap and offers enough food to keep you on the premises. The only negative you may encounter is the distance from the main shopping/tourist area. It is about 3 miles into town, and though a reasonably active person could walk, the safari type taxis run continuously and charge $1-$2 dollars. Think open air van that seats 12. Meet people, make friends, enjoy the spirit of the island while technically being in the U.S. Phone service is the same as in the continental U.S., and if you can adapt to island time you are set for a wonderfully relaxing vacation. The "4" rating is due to the distance from town but is really isn't that bad of a jaunt. Take an extra suitcase as you will want to bring back your full allotment (6) of rum at only $7.50 a litre!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 5 in East End
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
#3 of 22 in St. Thomas

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!