“Just stayed one night, but would stay here again”

Emerald Beach Resort
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Just stayed one night, but would stay here again”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

DH and I spent one night here on our way to St. John. The view from the rooms (3rd floor, building 3 to be away from the beach bar) was breathtaking. We just sat on the beach when we arrived mid-afternoon, then retired to our room to look at the beach and ocean some more (15 feet away from our room!)

It is *right* next door to the airport, i.e. you can walk if you want, but since STT only has a few flights (maybe 5?) during the daytime hours, the noise was not a problem at all. If the airport gets busier in coming years, that could be a noise issue, but fine for now.

Parking was easy and free, and front desk staff was great. They provided directions to specific restaurants we asked about (forget a GPS, no street signs in STT or STJ.) They also allowed us to check in early once our room was ready. Early check-in was really important to me, as I hate to leave my bags sitting in an office area where anyone could access them on their way from the restroom. A locked closet for baggage hold would make me more comfortable, though I understand there isn't always space for that.

Now, for the few minor negative points:

Regarding wifi: it is not wifi, but WIRED ETHERNET in the rooms. The only place they have wifi is in the front office (maybe some of the closer buildings can access that router, but we couldn't on iPhones.) If I was staying here longer than a night, I might bring my spare router and set it up in the room.

The rooms were bright and airy, but need some finish work done. The sliding balcony doors don't close correctly or completely, the freestanding faucet for the basin sink was *very* loose, and there were some caulking issues in the bathroom. If they want to put me up at the hotel, I would be happy to come remedy those problems in all of their rooms for free!

There is a sweet, but probably ownerless, kitty on the property that I would love to see fed and cared for at the resort. I wish I had brought some kitty food because it was nice to have an escort to our room, and I'm sure he keeps any mice issues at bay.

One final note: There are no microwaves in the rooms, which is a shame, as there is plenty of space to add them. So if you want to warm up your coffee or croissant, you are out of luck. Also note, there are no bottle openers anywhere except the beach bar (the front desk does have corkscrews for wine.) If you bring a six-pack of Corona to enjoy on your balcony, be sure to bring your own opener!

Overall, it was a nice place and we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Third building, third floor, room farthest away from the bar for view and quiet! (Fourth building wa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
Tortola
Reviewed October 3, 2013

An amazing hotel, great restaurant and very helpful staff!! The rooms are lovely and the beach is 5 steps from the front of the hotel. All rooms are air conditioned also. Stayed here for a week on my tour around the Virgin Islands. Wifi is available throughout the resort although you have to log in again when swiping between different areas. The airport is next yo the hotel but there is minimal noise and flights in or out. Although this us handy when transferring from your flight to the hotel. Overall, a fabulous hotel. I would recommend it again.

Room Tip: Buy mosquito spray, they live near the beach and the bites are bad.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
We truly appreciate you staying with us on your recent trip and want to thank you for your wonderful Review! We look forward to having you visit us again when your travel plans bring you back to St Thomas!

Sales Manager
Clermont, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were married at Emerald Beach Resort September 25, 2013. We came to the island on the Carnival Dream and had both our beach wedding and reception at this resort. I was so afraid to book something over the internet but was so pleased with everything from start to finish. I can't say enough about how wonderful this little resort is. We were looking for a beautiful beach setting in St. Thomas that would focus on us, our surroundings and our guests and they did not disappoint. Linda Mason and her team were so attentive from the time we arrived until we had to leave to catch the bus back to the port. We did have a room for the day to get ready for our wedding and the room was clean, had everything we needed and best of all had the most amazing view you can imagine. All the rooms look out on Lindburgh Bay which is so spectacular. My guests all commented over and over that this was the best wedding they have ever attended. The wedding was simple and beautiful, looking out over the bay. The photographer was efficient and professional and I can't wait to see my photos as I am sure with that setting they will be amazing. The reception was on the deck with a wonderful DJ that kept us up dancing and a fun bartender that kept the drinks pouring. This resort is everything we dreamed of when we planned our destination wedding. A little tropical paradise on the water, lots of beautiful foliage and an island feel. It is not the Ritz but that is not what we were looking for as we wanted our wedding to be about us and not all the glitz of a chain hotel. You can find those right here at home. I would highly recommend this hotel and the wedding team if you are planning a trip or a wedding in St. Thomas. My wedding experience was priceless!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deena T
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
It was definitely a pleasure to have you choose Emerald Beach Resort as your Wedding Destination! We truly have a tremendous location and offer a beautiful spot for Weddings. I certainly enjoyed meeting both of you and your fun group! We can’t wait until you all come back to visit us again! I am so glad that all of us at Emerald Beach could be a part of your Very Special Day!!

Best Wishes

Sales and Events Manager
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I recently stayed here for 2 nights on business. The property is adjacent to the airport which was extremely convenient for my purposes. Employees were all very friendly and helpful. My room was on the 2nd Floor adjacent to restaurant. A little dated but comfy and it met my needs. Wifi signal was strong and it was free. I found the property to be very low key and peaceful. The beach is spectacular and uncrowded. Perfect place to disconnect and forget your worries. I would stay here again if my travels bring me back to the island.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent 12 days in April at Emerald Beach and enjoyed it very much. Stayed in Bldg 3 - 2nd floor and loved the location/view (all rooms are beachfront). The rooms are basic but very clean and had everything we needed. I was told prior to arrival that if you wanted a microwave in room - just make a request. This is not the case - no microwaves available.
I enjoyed the food (lunch/dinner) that I had at the resort - especially the lobster!! I did not eat breakfast at the resort...service was very slow the two times I tried.
The location near airport was never a problem. Minimal flights in/out and I enjoyed watching he planes take off.
The staff was GREAT! Linda (Sales) was very helpful, Donna (concierge/tours) was full of great information about the island and pointed us to some great spots (Thanks for Hull Bay tip!). Tiffany at the front desk is very personable/helpful; I looked forward to seeing her smiling face every am (thanks for my sunglasses ;-) Tiffany. Last but not least....Tony. Bartender, Jet Ski tour guide, DJ - he does it all! We had a large group and he managed to take care of all the entire week. The tours he set up were great (many first timers on the ski's); he made sure they all felt comfortable with the ski's - everyone had a wonderful time!
Until next time.....

Room Tip: Building 3 - 2nd floor (keep in mind - no elevators).
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank debiSTS
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed September 7, 2013

At check-in I was issued a keycard to 1204 which failed to work on 3 separate trips to the room with bags in tow . Finally they changed the room to 1206. No remote to the TV - the "houseman" made 2 trips with different remotes and finally found the original under the bedroom dresser. In the end it was not worth the trouble as the channels were limited - I only wanted to watch the news, got a weak signal and a picture w/o sound. Internet WiFi signal was strong but speed and bandwidth is limited so you will get kicked off several times if you are doing corp. e-mail from the "mainland". Food at the restaurant was average with limited selection but the beach is absolutely one of the best on the island and the rooms are reasonably clean. This is a good stop for convenience and short stays if you need to be near Charlotte Amalie but not for a vacation.

Room Tip: Consider alternatives if you have the budget
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff and accommodations were just what we needed. Close to the beach and shopping. The staff were very friendly and checked to make sure everything was in order in our room. We even received free rum punch!! Next time we travel to Saint Thomas we will surely stay there.

Room Tip: Walking distance from the airport.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Nibog40
I want to thank you for visiting us at Emerald Beach Resort in beautiful St. Thomas and also for writing a review of your stay! It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful Resort and we look forward to having you as our guests again in the future.

Sales Manager
No photo provided
Point Pleasant Resort
Point Pleasant Resort
#1 of 5 in East End

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!