DH and I spent one night here on our way to St. John. The view from the rooms (3rd floor, building 3 to be away from the beach bar) was breathtaking. We just sat on the beach when we arrived mid-afternoon, then retired to our room to look at the beach and ocean some more (15 feet away from our room!)
It is *right* next door to the airport, i.e. you can walk if you want, but since STT only has a few flights (maybe 5?) during the daytime hours, the noise was not a problem at all. If the airport gets busier in coming years, that could be a noise issue, but fine for now.
Parking was easy and free, and front desk staff was great. They provided directions to specific restaurants we asked about (forget a GPS, no street signs in STT or STJ.) They also allowed us to check in early once our room was ready. Early check-in was really important to me, as I hate to leave my bags sitting in an office area where anyone could access them on their way from the restroom. A locked closet for baggage hold would make me more comfortable, though I understand there isn't always space for that.
Now, for the few minor negative points:
Regarding wifi: it is not wifi, but WIRED ETHERNET in the rooms. The only place they have wifi is in the front office (maybe some of the closer buildings can access that router, but we couldn't on iPhones.) If I was staying here longer than a night, I might bring my spare router and set it up in the room.
The rooms were bright and airy, but need some finish work done. The sliding balcony doors don't close correctly or completely, the freestanding faucet for the basin sink was *very* loose, and there were some caulking issues in the bathroom. If they want to put me up at the hotel, I would be happy to come remedy those problems in all of their rooms for free!
There is a sweet, but probably ownerless, kitty on the property that I would love to see fed and cared for at the resort. I wish I had brought some kitty food because it was nice to have an escort to our room, and I'm sure he keeps any mice issues at bay.
One final note: There are no microwaves in the rooms, which is a shame, as there is plenty of space to add them. So if you want to warm up your coffee or croissant, you are out of luck. Also note, there are no bottle openers anywhere except the beach bar (the front desk does have corkscrews for wine.) If you bring a six-pack of Corona to enjoy on your balcony, be sure to bring your own opener!
Overall, it was a nice place and we would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands