“If you want to sleep on your vacation DON'T stay here!!!!”

Emerald Beach Resort
Reviewed August 10, 2013

If I could give this hotel a half star I would and that would only be for the rooms being clean. I say rooms because we had to change after the second night due to SO MUCH noise. I asked the first day to be placed as far away from the bar as possible, it was Wed. She told me, sorry that building is closed. Guess what? Two nights later on Friday that building mysteriously had people in it all the while I had to put up with noise. I went down Friday night at 10 pm and demanded another room because the noise from the bar and pool wouldn't quit. The water went out three times in 5 days for hours at a time. The tub backed up and you would stand in dirty water as you showered. Never ever again. I'll never even stay in another Best Western because of this. This hotel actually made me want to get in a plane and leave the island early.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Kimbug1969
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort! It is extremely rare for us to receive any complaints about noise at our bar and restaurant. We are better known for our quiet and relaxing atmosphere than our noisy night time crowd. This is definitely outside of the norm at Emerald Beach Resort and we do apologize for any noise that you experienced while you were staying with us.

We have a very hands on management team that is always happy to assist our Guests with any issues and concerns that they may be having. It is also common for us to perform extra maintenance work and cleaning during certain times of the year. We may take buildings out of order to perform this extra work and the status of any Building can change on a daily basis.

Our goal is for all of our guests to have a pleasant experience when staying with us at Emerald Beach Resort and I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations when you were staying with us. I am always available to discuss your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort!

340-777-8800 Ext 5101

Write a ReviewReviews (1,816)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Plus Emerald Beach. We had our wedding cermony there it was a wonderful experience. This was my first visit to St. Thomas and yes I will return. It is so easy to fall in love with the lovely Island. Very pleasent people and just loved the entired visit.Waking up every morining to an Ocean is the best feeling ever. Thanks All. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cynthia B

We are thrilled that you chose Emerald Beach Resort as your Wedding Destination! Emerald Beach is a “Special” Place with a lovely Beach Wedding Site overlooking the Caribbean Sea just steps from the Water’s Edge. We have a Full Service Wedding Team at Emerald Beach that provides professional and friendly customer service to assist in creating your Ideal Wedding Experience!

You are now a member of the Emerald Beach Family and we look forward to having you visit us for years to come!

Best Wedding Wishes,

Reviewed August 7, 2013

If your ship is docked at Crown Bay(the former US sub base), a great day pass at the Beach is the Best western Emerald Beach hotel. You can rent 2 beach chairs and umbrella for $20+ for the day.The beach is nice and so is the hotel. They have a beach bar with food and drinks for purchase. Usual St. Thomas prices. This hotel is a 5 minute taxi ride from the dock.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank coolbreeze2

We thank you for visiting Emerald Beach Resort on your recent stop in St. Thomas! We do have a lovely beachfront location and with all Beaches on St. Thomas open to the public, we do welcome you to stop by and spend a few hours with us!

I am glad that you enjoyed visiting us and perhaps you will consider a longer stay when you next travel to St. Thomas!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

On my first trip to St Thomas in 2011 I stayed at the Beachcomber Hotel which is an ok hotel, but we had no view of the beach. On my second trip in August 2013 I was willing to pay a little more and chose Emerald Beach, and the extra cost was worth every penny! We were a party of four (two rooms) and stayed six nights. The rooms were excellent with a view of the exquisite beach. Fridge and coffee maker in the rooms. Complimentary wi-fi in the rooms. Safe in the rooms at no extra cost. Air con not noisy. Staff were friendly and service excellent. If I come back, I'll definitely stay at the Emerald. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay at Emerald Beach Resort! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time here and look forward to welcoming you back to Emerald Beach!

Welcome to the Emerald Beach Family!!!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to our boat charter. The beach is lovely, the restaurant was very good. The rooms are clean with good air conditioning. The property is very close to the airport. There was a problem with towel availability. No beach towels and no towels in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My son and I stayed two nights here in July. I chose it because our flight landed at 8:45 pm and we were essentially passing through St Thomas on our way to Tortola. I did not want to have a 30 minute taxi ride after collecting our luggage that late at night. Plus we were headed to Tortola so I wanted an easy location to catch the Ferry.

The woman who checked us in on the 26th was very friendly and helpful. That was a nice welcome. We were given a room on the 2nd floor. There is no elevator so we had to lug our luggage up the stairs. That was a bummer. We had traveled all day so we were tired so we went right to bed.

Here are the good and the not so good:

Good:

Beach is lovely. Our room overlooked the beach which was very nice. The beach has won an award for being clean (very low levels of bacteria,etc which is very important to me))and environmentally and ecologically conscious. The beach was very clean, the water crystal clear. We were not there when the cruise ship crowds were so we had the beach to ourselves. Plenty of chairs and shade.

Not so good:

No Internet in room. Some of the front desk staff were not the warmest I've come across. Beds were covered in plastic and were hard.

Restaurant was fine. It was convenient for the 36 hours we were there. Our lunch was actually very delicious. We each had the grilled chicken sandwich and we were surprised how good it was. I liked being able to eat on the deck right on the beach.

For the short time we were there, the hotel suited our needs. I would not stay there longer than a night or two but for convenience to the airport and ferry's it is adequate.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank skiandsea_10

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us at Emerald Beach Resort and we thank you for taking the time to write your Review. We have a beautiful setting located directly on the Beach at Lindbergh Bay. We are very proud to have been awarded the Blue Flag Distinction which is an eco-label awarded to more than 3,850 Beach and marinas in 48 countries across Europe, South Africa, Morocco, Tunisia, New Zealand, Brazil, Canada and the Caribbean. The Blue Flag is awarded based on compliance with 32 criteria covering Environmental Education and Information, Water Quality, Environmental Management and Safety and Services.

We also provide free wireless internet throughout the Resort and do provide the best internet service that is currently available on St. Thomas. Unfortunately, the internet service that is available on the Island is not at the Standards that most of our Guests are accustomed to in the States. We will continue to upgrade our Internet Service as improvements become available to us!

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments! We do look forward to welcoming you back to Emerald Beach when your travel plans bring you back to St. Thomas!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

After reading that it was possible to walk to the hotel from the airport, we decided to give it a try. We were a little hesitant because we had never been there before. We asked a taxi driver to point the way. ( I thought he would try to talk us out of walking, of course!). Leaving the airport, we turned left and followed the sidewalk past the parking attendants gate. We had only carry ons and there were 4 of us. It was dark, but there were some street lites and runway lites. The sidewalk paralleled the runway on our left and the main road on the right. We could hear the ocean across the street. After a 15 minute, level and direct walk, we saw the hotel sign across the street. After walking up a driveway, we were there. I felt safe the entire time but remained with our group. I don't think I would walk alone but had absolutely no problems. Check in went fine. We were given the room type we requested and coupons for 4 drinks at the pool bar. The AC was a pain to figure out. We froze the 1st nite but figured it out by the next nite. The hot water did not work at first but the maintenance person fixed it immediately.. Instantly, we had plenty of hot water. The room was just OK. The curtains were stained, and things were worn. Housekeeping did a decent job. We were forced to stay a second nite because of a storm that delayed our charter. The front desk was able to let us stay another nite at our same rate. The bay is beautiful. No cruise boats in because of storm. There is an ok area to snorkel, beach rentals are available, and the bay is easy to swim. Pool was clean, plenty of chairs. Pool towels checked from front desk. Beach bar drinks and food good. Hamburger was good but $ at 12. Nice shade trees at beach with chairs. I would stay here again only if I wanted to be close to airport. Taxi to Charlotte A. was $6 p.p. each way plus tip. Hotel was expensive for the quality but seemed to be in line with other things on St. Thomas.

Room Tip: We choose room on top floor. Walls are very thin. Airport noise only during day. No elevators or bel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank seablu
BWPlusEmeraldBeach, Manager at Emerald Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

We do appreciate your choosing Emerald Beach Resort for your recent stay in St. Thomas. We have a beautiful location on Lindbergh Bay on a spectacular beach with a large soft white sandy beach. Great for swimming, water sports and sunning! We welcome our Guests to the Island by offering a complimentary rum punch coupon at check in to enjoy at their leisure!

Our guest’s satisfaction is very important to us and we strive to offer a great value for all of our visitors. We do try to keep our prices affordable while keeping our standards at the highest level. Complimentary beach towels and Free Wireless Internet throughout the Resort are available for our Guests.

We have a wonderful staff that is friendly and helpful! We want all of our guests to feel at home while they are at Emerald Beach Resort. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans bring you to or through St. Thomas!

Thanks again for your Review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlotte Amalie
#2 of 4 in Cruz Bay
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
#1 of 1 in South Coast

Been to Emerald Beach Resort? Share your experiences!