I was very disappointed when I arrived. The location has one plus, its close to the airport in case you need to catch an early flight. Otherwise, the location is less than ideal, even for the reasonable cost of a room. This is a tired, worn out hotel, with very basic amenities.
The TV didn't work in my room, the room smelled musty and like smoke. The beds are rock hard. It was a miserable night of trying to get to sleep.
The tiled floors were not clean, the room lacked floor mats near the bed or in the bathroom. So you ended up putting dirty feet in the bed, unless you wiped them off with a towel beforehand.
I did take advantage of the welcome rum punch coupon at the poolside bar, but it tasted like fruit punch without the rum, therefore I didn't order additional cocktails. Once I checked the prices for dinner at the restaurant, I decided to get dinner at the bar. The bartender was very friendly and took my order. The cheeseburger and salad was not tasty all all....it reminded me of a frozen patty. I didn't finish the meal.
The worst part of my stay was the noise and safety issues. The couple in the room next to me decided to fight most of the night, they sounded drunk and screamed profanity at each other. The walls are paper thin. The noise from the beach area would not stop, despite ear plugs!
At 0200, someone tried to enter my hotel room...there is access from outdoors to all rooms and no security that I was aware of. Later that evening someone made a racket while returning to their room, banging something metal against the railings as the walked down the hallway. Not a peaceful or restful experience. Needless to say, I checked out early the following morning.
The front desk staff was very nice and supplied me with directions and a map. I would not stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Kognitiv US Corp, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands