With all due respect to the other reviews who book an extended vacation here, my family only stayed one night. After seven nights is blissful St.Johns, we stayed here the night before our 8 am flight back home. What we have are two very different islands and two very different accommodations.
Emerald Beach has beautiful landscaping and a small, but nice pool that my teens swam in while we waited until the 4 pm check-in. A small sliver of beach, but crowded and filled with jet-ski ariels. Fun for some, but again, our taste is much more laid-back and rustic, hence our stay in St.Johns.
Very close to the airport (less than 1/2 mile), but still cost us $24 in taxi fare. Breakfast an additional $17 per person (we didn't partake). Lunch at the beach-side restaurant was good and the pina coladas hit the spot, but what I noticed most was the split personality of this hotel: tired and weary travelers biding time before their flights home and party-hardy young folks drinking, flaunting, flirting, and buzzing about. We took the free shuttle to the other Best Western by the airport (Carib?) for dinner at Fajitas. Dinner so lackluster, lack of charm, lack of flavor. Plus my painkiller was awful and the bill for four was over $100. What we tried to save in taxi fare would have been better spent spending the dough to get into Frenchtown and getting a pizza at Pie Hole.
Rooms are clean and large, all are oceanfront, though somewhat obstructed by the trees and foliage. Request one on the second floor, far away from the beach bar if you want peace and quiet. That said, I didn't sleep well for the thin walls, short sheets, and malfunctioning air conditioning. Pleasant front staff, always very courteous and helpful. Totally adequate hotel for our needs, though forgettable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands