I hesitate writing this review because I'd like to keep this gem of a resort my little secret. But after reading some of the other reviews, I feel I need to share our great experience at Emerald Beach. The most important thing you need to know is that every room at this resort is overlooking the best beach on the island. Even with the patio door closed to your room, you can hear the water lapping on the sand and you get ready to sleep. The beach itself is why we came and we found it to be fairly empty except for a few hours during the middle of the day when cruise passengers joined the hotel guests. The water is clear blue, perfect temperature, and fairly calm - great for non-swimmers and young children. When we checked in we found out we had been mistakenly reserved for a double room, but the manager quickly switched us to a king room after working some magic. We also received tickets for two free drinks so we found ourselves right on the beach with a drink in our hands nearly half an hour after our plane arrived. We spent five days at the resort and only ventured into town one of those days because we didn't want to leave the beach and the pool. My husband who is very hard to please already made plans to come back again next year.
Just a final note. This hotel is not the Ritz, but for the price, you really can't beat the value. Sometimes the service is a little slow compared to what we're used to back in NYC, but I had to remember that we're on "island time," and it's a good reminder to take things slow on vacation. Any minor problems we had with service were quickly fixed by the great management team who makes a point of introducing themselves and asking about your stay.
We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only 100% beachfront resort on St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands! Tucked into sun-splashed Lindbergh Bay on the Island of St. Thomas, the beautifully appointed Emerald Beach Resort welcomes guests with the gracious look, style and service of the Virgin Islands' rich heritage. BIG King Size Beds and Spectacular Views from EVERY ROOM! FREE High Speed Internet Access. Flat Screen TVs with Cable TV, 100% Beachfront Views with Balcony and Adjustable air-conditioning. Surrounded by landscaped gardens, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical settings, the Emerald Beach Resort offers a central, convenient location close to the airport, shopping, championship golf and all of St. Thomas's great activities and adventures. With the bounty of land and sea captured in stunning views, it's the perfect place for a memorable vacation. Or an unforgettable wedding, meeting or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Cancelon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Emerald Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Emerald Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Best Western St Thomas
- Best Western Emerald Beach Resort
- St. Thomas Best Western
- Emerald Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands