“Best airline hotel experience yet.”

Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I took a "bump" to a next day flight from Continental (United) airlines which included staying at this beachfront yet airport centric hotel. The deal I got from the airline was really great and upon check-in were given a choice of 2 styles of room. I selected a Queen bed 2nd floor balcony over the far end of the bay. The room was quiet and had a great view. We were also given each 2 drink slips and told if we needed more feel free to come back and ask for some. The hotel isn't a 5 star but it also doesn't claim to be. The airport noise is almost nonexistent and the beach is quite beautiful. A bunch of us that took the bump to the next day got together for drinks and eats. We drank and drank and ate and ate. Each of us having $30 towards food and drink helped a lot. Typically alcohol wasn't allowed to go towards the voucher but the bartender/waiter gave us a 3-4-1 deal using the food voucher so we left a rather generous tip. The room was pretty clean and simple. The bed was comfortable. I wouldn't imagine a week long stay to be ideal here BUT for a 1-2 night before a cruise or for a flight before heading to another island this location is pretty ideal.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Thank you for your review. If you had to be bumped, glad that US Air bumped you to Carib Beach and that you had a great time!
Please keep us in mind as your go to hotel the next time you visit St. Thomas!
Kind regards,
sales_marketing@emeraldbeach.com
340-774-2525, ext 5010

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night on August 29th. I took a taxi from the airport which cost me $8 ($4 plus $2 per bag). The hotel is a 200 yard walk or so. I walked to the airport when I checked out. I got my room right away when I showed up but had to figure out how to turn on the A/C since I had to manipulate many buttons on the remote. I also had a mosquito in my room all night. My only complaint was the fact that I had low water pressure for a while and all the TV channels would come and go as they pleased. I would stay here again. There is also a way to get $50 back if you stay here and save your receipt. Lastly, there is a Mexican bar across from the hotel. I ordered a Mexican burger which was decent and a strawberry smoothie which is more of a strawberry freeze.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for your review of Carib Beach Resort.
I apolngize for the inconveniences you listed during your stay with us, however I am happy to note they will not deter you from booking with us again.
340-642-8952

Reviewed August 29, 2012

The most important thing in a hotel business is customer service. I can't say that my family and I received any good service from this hotel.

The staff at the desk is mediocre to say the least. The rarely smile or greet you when you're walking by,

Our first issue wast that our main door to the room was hard to open and close. Not a terrible issue, but we went to the desk to inform the staff because we didn't really want to be blamed for any damages when we checked out. When we told the staff about our door (the manager was also there) they said that that is how all the door are in the hotel. o_O Be that as it may, that isn't something you should tell your guests.

We later had an issue with our bathroom door not closing at all. We left the hotel at about 8am and didn't come back till about 8pm. When we got to the room the door was still not fixed. It was very disappointing. When I called the desk, I was told that a request had not been put in to the maintenance engineer. Another disappointment. The door eventually got fixed.

I think the most troubling of all things however was that, the day we were checking out, we hung out in the room until right around 12pm which is check out time.
My niece was getting dressed when all of a sudden a man was walking on our balcony. I'm not sure what he was doing, but he was walking from one balcony to the next. I was horrified and upset.
When we were in the room, we kept the curtain to the balcony and the balcony door open so we could enjoy the view of sapphire beach. My sister was half naked and my niece was getting dressed when this happened. I think my sister was more angry than me. I didn't think to much of it until...(once again) the man came walking back across the balcony.
I do understand that the hotel is under construction this is why I didn't think anything of it. HOWEVER, if the hotel is going to have people walking across balconies, they really should inform the guests. We were EXTREMELY uncomfortable.

It is sad to say that we would constantly tell ourselves ("this is only a place to sleep") to make our vacation better.

The housekeepers were AMAZING. Our room was always EMACULATE and the housekeepers always smile and spoke when we walked by and asked if we needed anything for our room.
Also there is security every night at the hotel, in case you worry about your car.
Sapphire Beach and the Airport are in walking distance from the hotel so you could literally walk from the airport and beach to the hotel.

The hotel is under construction. To me, the only modern things about the room was the shower head, flat screen TV and coffee pots. The space in the room is also very small so I would not suggest staying here if you are traveling with a big family. We traveled with two adults and two young kids so we managed well.

Do not plan on doing any online business work. The internet cuts off every so often and we were told by the front desk to just re-set it.
Also if there are heavy winds the TV may disconnect for however long until the winds subside.

Our stay at Carib would have been a lot better had the staff been more customer service oriented. We did not feel welcomed at all.
We will not be staying here again, nor will we recommend it to our friends or family.

We do understand that everyone will have different experiences. We do hope you enjoy yours at Carib.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AlexizM
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I apologise for the lack of customer service you and your family felt they received when your requests were not met in a timely manner.
I appreciate your positive comments about our housekeeping staff and will make sure that Pat, the housekeeping supervisor receives a copy of of your review to share with them.
We take all comments very seriously as we all learn from them and will be meeting with the General Manager to discuss your review.
sales_marketing@caribbeachresort

Reviewed August 20, 2012

While at the hotel from August 3-7, there was no hot water available for four days. Anika did everything go she could go provide comfort. Bottom line is the fact that she had no top cover and took the blame from all the customers and still maintained a smile. Management should have not placed her in this situation.

Great job Anika. Too bad you were placed in this situation.

Room Tip: Do not choose room 116. Safe did not work and air conditioner in relation to the bed is awkward.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review Carib Beach Resort.
I would like to apologise again for the inconvenience caused by the lack of hot water during your stay and thank you for recognising Aneka for doing her best during this time.
Although living on a caribbean island is wonderful, there are some drawbacks like not always having the parts on hand necessary when equipment breaks down or parts break and you have to wait longer than you would like to remedy situations.
We would like you to give us another try when visiting St. Thomas again and want to extend to you a complimentary night.
When you are ready to return, please contact me.

Kind regards,
340-774-2525, ext 5010

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was my 2nd time staying at this hotel. My first time I had the worst experience, due to staff and maintenance. But let me say this time...... They made up for it and I definitely appreciated it. Kanema and her staff were extremely nice, the way it should be. We were greeted with smiles, positive attitudes and friendly staff. As soon as we entered the hotel we felt welcomed. It was a totally different experience than our first time around. They made sure we had everything we needed and wanted, even called us to tell us goodnight. The expensive hotels don't even offer that type of service.

This review is mainly to say thank you for making up for our horrible time the first time around. I will definitely stay here again. Walking distance from the airport, free shuttle to and from the beach, happy hour parties and most importantly, friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for your return visit to Carib Beach and especially for giving us a 2nd chance to make your stay the experience you expect.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a follow up review and for commending the friendliness of our staff.
All of us at Carib Beach look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to St. Thomas. ,

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Vacation on a budget ! We stayed for 3nights ..walked from airport to hotel..very quiet ..rooms are renovated from the 80's to 2012!! nice rooms ..traveled with my family. Had to sit by entrance door to get internet. The money we saved from staying at more expensive hotels we used for feery ride and rental car. Driving on the left side ..is odd but renting a car is a must. the best beaches have no hotels anyway...so no matter were you stay ..you have to drive or pay to be driven! the view from hotel room is amazing ..unless you are a picky person ..and is bothered by the "sounds of the waves" . If traveling with small children I would Not stay in the detached building. in the far right. The second floor ..that really is the 3rd floor ..has unsafe hallways ...big gap in the railways...extremely dangerous for 6 or under age ! Will stay again ....had no time to use pool..all we did was beach Hop!!! Hotel MUST update pool towel ..that we requested for beach...very old towels....ups forgot to mention ..great beds ..hated pillows..very big and cheap!

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view ..but the detached building is truely ocean front ..!!! it was worth the 15...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank motheroftwoTampa
BWCaribBeach, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Carib Beach. Thank you for the nice comments about our property being a good value andf that you would stay with us again.

Carib Beach Resort
sales_marketing@caribbeach.com

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a great night following my three week stay in St. Thomas. So close to the airport made it a snap to get my early flight. Both dinner and breakfast were great, and happy hour drinks were priced right. If I were to return, would definitely choose this property!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank SeaDocBiz

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. Your nice comments about Carib beach are greatly appreciated.
I am happy to know we succeeded in meeting your expectations and look forward to welcoming you back to Carib beach Resort the next time you visit St. Thomas
Carib Beach Resort

#4 of 5 in East End
Point Pleasant Resort
Point Pleasant Resort
#1 of 5 in East End

Been to Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas? Share your experiences!