“Wonderful stay!”

Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas
Reviewed February 10, 2012

The Best Western Carib Beach Resort is a wonderful small hotel located on Lindbergh Bay near the airport. All rooms recently have been tastefully remodeled and have balconies ( With Lindbergh bay views ) nice pool and restaurant. However, The best thing about "Carib Beach" is Kanema, their manager, and her staff ... All very professional, hard working and polite.. My wife, Vicki and I were extremely impressed with the quality of the hotel at such a fair price! Highly recommended!

David Greve
Pgh

• Stayed: January 2012
DebiLocke, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

David, thank you for the great review about Carib Beach and most importantly your nice comments about our staff and General Manager Kanema. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay.
I have posted up your review by the front desk and the time clock area for all to see!

Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night while waiting for a next day flight. The pros- it is close to the airport, but its does not have a shuttle to the airport. The cab to the airport was $40. It took less than 5 minutes. Also the front desk staff was very nice. The cons - the rooms are outdated. Our AC was stuck on 60 degrees. We reported it to the front desk and they could not get it to turnoff. There is no bathtub. The shower had a black substance growing in the upper corner and the drain would not drain. The staff at the Fajitas restaurant were rude to myself and others in our party.

I would not stay at this hotel again with my family.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TN-Frank
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I spent two nights at Carib Beach Resort and found it very pleasant and cozy. I loved the little lights that lined the pathways leading down to the open air bar and restaurant it gives it that quaint island feel I was looking for. My room was clean and had a great view. The Staff was great and the food at Fajita Restaurant was amazing! I highly recommened eating there if you get the chance. They also provide a short shuttle ride back and forth to Emerald Beach Resort which is also great. Thank you Carib Beach :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and really enjoyed reading your review. I will pass on your compliments to the staff and to Keith Charles who is our Food and Beverage Manager and Head chef at Fajita's. I love how you described us as being cozy and having a quaint island feel. Just what a true Caribbean vacation should be about. all of us at Carib Beach look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit St. Thomas.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

You can walk to this place from the airport making it a perfect stop over when arriving or leaving St. Thomas. We generally go to the VI for bareboat charter trips flying into St. Thomas before taking the ferry over to the BVI. This place is great for staying when first arriving or before heading out.

2  Thank HeadS0uth
DebiLocke, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Carib Beach Resort and appreciate you taking the time to write about it. We try very hard to make sure that all of our guests have a wonderful stay with us and in your case it's good to know we succeeded.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I recently returned from a trip to the British Virgin Islands and spent the first night of our vacation at the Best Western Carib before our morning ferry ride to Tortola. This spot has an ideal location for any late arrivals/early departures to St. Thomas as it is literally a 5 minute walk from the airport. Our room was clean and had a nice view of the Bay but for what they charge, the room was over priced. The room appeared to be recently updated as it had a rather large flat screen tv, which we did not use. The room also included a coffee maker, coffee and free wi-fi which we enjoyed on the balcony prior to leaving. We also enjoyed drinks at their open air bar on site and had some decent Mexican food which was served to us at the bar. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to their other property which is located on the other side of the bay. While I would not recommend this hotel to anyone staying for more than a day or two in St. Thomas, for our one night stay, it worked, and we will probably stay here again on next visit to Tortola.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. As you said, our rooms have been recently upgraded. Thanks for noticing!
I am glad you got to enjoy our beach side restaurant and bar and the beautiful view of Lindbergh Bay from your balcony.

Even though you felt the room rate was overpriced, I am glad that you would stay with us again. We believe we offer great value and lots of amenities for both those staying with us for an overnight stay as well as those who are looking for a vacation destination due to not only our convenience but also for the amenities we offer , some of which you mentioned.
We have just added a new value added package for families traveling with children 12 and under. Now along with kids 12 and under staying free with their parents, they now also get to eat free.
Once again, thanks for writing and all of us at Carib Beach certainly will look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This is easily one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at.

The rooms themselves are manageable, but the water is clearly contaminated/yellow (they gave no warning not to drink it) and the phone did not work.

As for the hotel grounds, they are also manageable, although the fake beach and tiny pool are poor at best. The "award winning" Fajita grill and bar is also only open a few hours a day and there is absolutely no where within walking distance to get food or drinks. (The staff is also extremely unhelpful in helping you with transportation...and really anything else.)

They do provide shuttle service to the nicer Best Western down the road, but you get a strong sense of a second class citizen while you're there. (They won't give you towels, etc.).

The location, if you are looking for a 2 minute walk to the airport, is unsurpassed, but you're paying more than $200 for it. Aside from the airport, it is probably the most poorly situated hotel on the island in every aspect.

Only positive; when the Fajita Bar was open, the bartender made a great Pina Colada and refilled another free of charge.

Bottom line, do not stay here. You will regret spending any money to allow them to stay in business.

3  Thank Whuffman
DebiLocke, Director of Sales at Lindbergh Bay Hotel and Villas, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2012

I am sorry to know that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We aren't perfect, but we promise to do our best to make things right. We value our guests highly, and want to do everything we can to ensure they enjoy their stay. We understand that we may not be always wind up being the resort for everyone, but that doesn't stop us from trying! We sincerely appreciate all comments both good and bad and we review each one thoroughly to see where and how we can improve.
Although our pool is not Olympic in size I do believe it is one of the prettiest ones on island. We get a lot of compliments as to its location because guests love lounging around and looking out over beautiful Lindbergh Bay.
We use municipal water that is filtered but minerals form the water and pipes sometimes changes the color. I apologize if this was not properly explained to you but running it for a little while would clear it up and it is perfectly safe to use to brush your teeth and bathe.
Our seaside restaurant Fajita's is open every day from 7:00am until 10:00am for breakfast and the bar reopens again at 2:30 until 10:00pm with food served from 4:00pm until 9:30pm.
Our sister property Emerald Beach is within walking distance from us and we also provide complimentary shuttle service every hour where you can enjoy the beach, use of the pool, beach chairs and snorkel gear. We provide beach towels for our guests to use here or take with you. Their beachfront bar and restaurant The Palms has a full menu to choose from for lunch. Glad to know you had one of our delicious Pina Colada's at our beach bar and happy that our bartender was able to make your experience with him an enjoyable one.
I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet you or assist you during your stay with us.
My door is always open (look for the one with the Romance Department sign on it) to assist our guests and to resolve any issues while you are still here.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We recently stayed at this resort for one night prior to our time-share stay in St. Thomas. The hotel is located right next to the airport, which is a plus. We could tell there was renovation in the process, but it didn't seem to get in the way of our stay. This is not a fancy resort, but it was clean and we felt safe. I went to the front desk for help with the TV and one of the maids who was off duty and had her spouse waiting in the parking lot for her...went with me to my room to take care of this problem. We found everyone to be friendly and helpful. We spent a few hours during happy hour at the beachside bar. The drinks were reasonably priced and the bartender was a nice, friendly guy. We didn't eat at their restaurant, but I would not have hesitated to eat there. One note is that we stayed in what is called the Sea Wall building which seems to be the newest part of the renovation.

Room Tip: Request a Sea Wall room