Windward Passage Hotel
$161
Emerald Beach Resort(Charlotte Amalie)
$310
$224
Mafolie Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)(Great Value!)
$202
$196
Orbitz.com
$149
  • Pool
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort(South Coast)(Great Value!)
$187
$170
Marriott's Frenchman's Cove(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Pool
Island Beachcomber Hotel(Charlotte Amalie)
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 14, 2014

I wouldn't stay there again, at the Holiday Inn A.K.A Windward passage hotel . The infrastructure of the building is falling apart . AC units makes the rooms smell like urine and they have mole . My shower curtain had mold on it . I was moved once the incident was reported . I also observed that the pool had no chlorine smell , the water had visible hair and trash floating in it. Housekeeping manager was more helpful than the staff . Reservation was good and the front desk as a whole service was poor to needing to be retrained on customer service . They ( front desk ) seem to be very unorganized . At a rate of $214.00+ per night I honestly expected a higher quality of care and concern for me as a guest . There was no mentioned of renovation and for the last two days of my stay , I was awaken by drilling and noise .

Room Tip: My best advice would be NOT to stay there.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Kathryn M, Public Relations Manager at Windward Passage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear AC R:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. All comments, favorable and unfavorable, provide valuable feedback so that we may continue to improve our quality and customer service. I am so sorry you were displeased with your stay with us; it seams everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. I have shared your candid remarks with our various department heads and steps are in place to ensure cleanliness, courtesy and comfort moving forward.

We are currently making improvements to the 2nd floor pool deck and surrounding areas; active construction is scheduled to begin at 10am and end by 4pm. The majority of our guests are off-property during the day either at business appointments, or enjoying St. Thomas. I am terribly sorry we woke you.

We hope you will visit us again someday, so that we may restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Actually spent a week in St. John and decided to spend a night in St. Thomas before returning to the states. Windward is an older hotel, but my room was clean, and all the appointments worked fine. It is an easy walk to all the shopping in Charlotte Amalie. Ordered an outdoor breakfast before checking out and the food was excellent. Would recommend Windward for a short stay in Charlotte Amalie.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Tom K:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review, and for your kind remarks. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our accommodations clean and comfortable. We are very fortunate to have such a great location, convenient to downtown and in close proximity to many fine attractions.

We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is the second time I have tried to like this hotel. The first stay included rude personnel, ants in the bathroom and no internet. There was an overall lack of customer service.

This time, I was given a room that smelled like urine and had a patio door that was unlocked. In fact, upon inspection, no lock exists on the door. When I called the front desk to complain, they changed my room without even offering an apology. Since I knew I would be on a flight arriving late, I specifically asked when I made my reservation how late the bar served dinner. I was told 10 pm. At 9:45 when I arrived at the bar, I was told the kitchen was already closed. No one in this hotel seems to care about the guest's experience.

The convenience of the hotel's location right on the harbor at the seaplane and ferry docks are the only reason to stay here. For me, I'll figure out an alternative in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Dear tapestryoftravel:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. All comments, favorable and unfavorable, provide valuable feedback so that we may continue to improve our quality and customer service. I regret the state of your room upon check in, there is no excuse for that. Moreover, I am appalled at the aloofness in which you were addressed. It is apparent there is an immediate need for additional training and coaching in that regard. I am extremely grateful to you for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

stayed one night while waiting for a seaplane. average quality hotel, staff fair. location central, good for overnights if catching a ferry. we got a room at the rear of the hotel facing the noisy ghetto----into the night loud voices, music, motorbilkes, barking dogs, roosters-----not good. so, if you are going to stay here, get a room facing the sea and main road-----it has to be quieter than facing the hood. probably would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear mjccta:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased you found our location convenient to the BVI ferry dock and the St Croix Seaplane Shuttle. I'm sorry you were disturbed by the sounds of the surrounding neighborhood. It is a shame that some members of our community do not adhere to the noise ordinances that are in place. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our quality of infrastructure; maybe it's time for additional insulation in the northern facing guestrooms. Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us.

We hope you visit us again one day!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

We booked 4 rooms in the Windward Passage Hotel so that we wouldn't need to rush getting to our Flight back home from St. Thomas after sailing through the BVI's for 8 days. There were 4 couples in our group. Ups, it's convenient to the Ferry dock, within walking distance. We Booked through Tingo and our room rates came down, so we received a refund on the difference.
The Hotel was decent, a lot of business people stay here.
In one of the rooms the carpet was soaking wet upon entry, as the air conditioner had a major leak. Our friends called the front desk and were asked "Do you want us to bring towels to sop up the water?' Their reply was, "no we want another room". Back to the lobby and 45 minutes later they finally got another room.
The rooms were clean, served our purpose for one night, so we could get our next day flight home.
We enjoyed the pool and lounge area. There were very few people in the pool.We were provided with beach towels from the front desk.
The courtyard was very pretty with beautiful statues and umbrellas tables. Service @ the courtyard bar is quite slow and the bartender couldn't make a pina colada.....When a group of loud obnoxious business men arrived with their foul language it was time to go....
Half of our group ate dinner @ the hotel and the other half walked into town and found a nice restaurant. Our dinner was OK but over priced, we should have went out friends into town.
We had a quick overpriced breakfast before we had to catch our pre arranged transportation for our 10am flight.
The Hotel was adequate for our needs, but I wouldn't plan to stay here for a vacation destination.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that faced the baseball field, did not have any problem with noise from the road out front. Our friends had a room in the rear of the hotel, facing a part of town that was a little "seed" The hotel is built into a square with an open courtyard . The outdoor corridors get very slippery when it rains.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Firstmate362:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. I am pleased you found our location convenient, and our property adequate for your brief stay. It appears however, that you received less than stellar service at the bar and from the front desk; that is unacceptable. It is clear that there is a need for additional training and coaching for some of the members of our staff in that regard. I am grateful to you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope you will visit us again one day, so that we may restore your faith in our hotel!