We stayed 2 nights - our friends had a newly renovated room which was very nice. We had an old room that was not so nice. I think half of the hotel rooms were being worked on while we were there. Our room was quiet, but our friends who were on the same floor, but faced a different direction, complained of the loud music and noise from the area behind them which went on into the wee hours of the morning the first night (Sunday). Monday night was quiet for them. The hotel lobby and the grounds are nice and is in a convenient location - only 10 minutes from the airport, and about 2 blocks from the Tortola ferry, which is how we arrived. The staff was friendly and our rooms were cleaned daily. They had free internet which, for me, is essential when traveling. There are restaurants within walking distance (the Green House, Green Go's, and Pasta Go-Go are all excellent) and lots of shops are nearby. We took an island tour with David who found us walking down the street and we were very happy he approached us. It was supposed to be a one hour and forty-five minute tour, which turned into 4 hours, all for $20 a person. He drove us all over the island, told us the history of St. Thomas, took us to some beautiful overlooks and introduced us to areas for us to explore on our own the next day. We took the local "bus" which came by every few minutes and for $1-2 per person, we were able to travel the main part of the island, go to the beach, and explore some fun bars for happy hour. If I was in St. Thomas for more than 2 nights, I would not stay at Windward Passage. For us, it was the end of a 3 week trip to other parts of the Caribbean, so the hotel was okay for what we wanted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Otel, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands