If you are more interested in the duty free shopping rather than the beaches and spectacular views, stay here. It is close to the shopping, Magic Ice, and of course the port where the cruise ships come in. When we stayed, the AC was broken, but it wasn't so bad. The view out of our window was of a softball field. It was nice, however when planning for a tropical vacation, it's not exactly what we wanted. So we checked out and ended up staying at Sugar Bay Resort and Spa. Also, it rained for 20 mins and stopped, so we went out by the bar, and it was so slippery I slipped and fell and hurt my wrist. I don't blame windward passage, they can't help the rain, however it something to be cautious about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Windward Passage Hotel is truly your bargain in paradise. We are perfect for business travelers and the ideal choice for short stays and shopping trips. Centrally located, overlooking the picturesque Charlotte Amalie harbor, we are within walking distance of the major downtown shopping district and an even shorter walk away from the ferry and seaplane docks for transit to nearby islands. Transfer to the beaches is convenient for all our guests, so they miss out on nothing on our tropical island. Our Ocean View Rooms boast a breath-taking view of the harbor and our staff is courteous and friendly. We are constantly updating and improving our facilities to serve you better. You are welcome to stop by and pay us a visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Otel, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com and Cancelon so you can book your Windward Passage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlotte Amalie Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Charlotte Amalie
- Windward Passage Hotel St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands