We stayed at Galleon House for just one night the evening before we had to catch a flight. We were there an hour before check-in time, but our room was ready, so we got to go right in. The room was nothing special, but perfectly alright, clean, in order, with good air conditioning and a decent shower in the bathroom. There is also a pool, which was small, but really nice because of the view on the town below.
What really made our stay five stars was the friendliness of the staff. The were very welcoming and helpful. When we asked for some thoughts on how to spend our last day on St Thomas, we got some great suggestions for places to visit and where to get dinner. We also ordered a rum punch, and I must say, it was one of the best I ever had (though that might have had something to do with how strong it was!)
If I had to come up with a negative, I would say that it was really no fun getting my (pretty heavy) suitcase up there, as there are quite a lot of steps and no way to avoid them. But I guess that's just inherent to the location...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galleon House is a quaint, small hotel on Government Hill in downtown Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas. Enjoy your complimentary home cooked breakfast on the verandah with gorgeous views of downtown and the harbor. We are walking distance to the ferries to St John and British Virgin Islands as well as all the bars, restaurants and fantastic shopping that St Thomas is known for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Galleon House Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galleon House Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Galleon House Bed And Breakfast
- Galleon House St Thomas
- Galleon House Bed & Breakfast St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands