Book In Advance

from $20.00
More Info
from $90.00
More Info
All reviews lots of jewelry stores great shopping shoppers paradise free shops shop owners good deal st thomas little switzerland deals duty ships cruise tax liquor bargains island watches
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Depending on what you are shopping for, you may do better on a side street, or in one of our famous Alley's, or historic walk ways. The rents are less expensive and the discounts are passed on to you, the consumer. You will notice mostly jewelry stores on Main street, they are able to manage the high rents.

1  Thank Cruiser814019
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

This was before any hurricane.

"What a dump" I thought to myself, as far too many tourists descended on what was once must have been a charming port town.

I skedaddled back to the ship and had a lovely day.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We spent about an hour on Main Street, browsing in and out the myriad of stores and surprisingly I quite enjoyed it. The merchandise is unique and distinctive (jewelry stores) and we found a couple of other specialty stores that we quite liked and dropped a few dollars to support the local economy. Take a break from the beach, pool, and/or excursions and spend a couple of hours on Main Street. It can be very enjoyable and a positive experience.

1  Thank CaptainNalga
Reviewed September 30, 2018

If you like shopping for jewelry this is the place for you! Nothing but jewelry shops and shop employees trying to entice you in. We did not spend much time here. Getting a cab could be tricky. The best part was listening to a high school steel drum band.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We traveled last year August 2017 before the hurricane and came to visit this year..its disheartening to see shops are still boarded up and closed for good. I can only hope that they rebuild this unique area and bring it back to life like it used to be.
If you're in the market for jewelry, this may be the place to buy. Good deals on watches and other high end brand jewelries, don't be afraid to negotiate/ haggle.

Reviewed August 29, 2018

We have been here many times before and if you are not going to the beach or taking a tour this is an easy van ride from either the Havensight or Crown Bay Docks for about $4.00pp each way. There are many typical fine jewelry and duty free shops. It can be busy if a few ships are in port. All the main known shops as well as many others are there. Since it is a US deal you can take home $1600.00 duty free. Bathrooms are not easy to find but they are there. Our friends made a great deal there at one of the shops. Be careful walking as uneven sidewalks and steps into stores abound. Food is available.

Reviewed August 27, 2018

We love St. Thomas, the people are great! We have been 3 times in the last several years and we still can't get enough. We enjoy taking the boat over to St. John for tours and just to go snorkeling on our own.

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

Still the place to go for gifts both low and high class. St Thomas has been hit by hurricanes but the islanders are resilient and getting it back together. They should be supported.

Reviewed August 12, 2018

Walking down Main Street brought back so many memories of when I was a child walking to school at St. Peter and Paul School. Lots have changed... but the nostalgia is still there.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

If you are in the mood for shopping (and lots of walking), Charlotte Amalie is a great place to do it. The first thing I bought was a back pack since my purse was weighing down my shoulder and I knew I'd be adding purchases to it as well. Just be careful of the hustlers - they can spin good stories to get you to make purchases, so you'll end up overpaying on some things.