As timeshare owners at Bluebeard's Castle for the past 15 years, we must say that each year we see more and more improvements there. Most of the units have been renovated over the past year or so and those that are scheduled in the future will be done in the fall. The views of Charlotte Amalie and Havensight where the cruise ships dock are truly awesome! The Castle has 2 of the finest restaurants on site (Room with a View and Banana Tree Grille) that eliminate the hassle of deciding where to go out to eat! The Cabana Bar also has a good selection for those looking for a casual/light fare at night. The pool bar (Life's a Breeze) also has a good selection of sandwiches, salads, cocktails, etc for those who choose to stay at the pool deck for the day. Steve Buckley, the new manager of the SPM Resorts was very informative at the owners meeting and we were pleased with the plans they have for the future to cut down on utility costs. The staff was friendly and helpful, check-in and check-out was a breeze! The grounds looked great! Something has to be said for the owners who return every year and chose not to trade their week into RCI or II! Can't wait for next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluebeard's Castle is an historic property dating back to the 1600's. The resort occupies an entire hilltop with spectacular views overlooking the harbor and town of Charlotte Amalie. Its signature red rooftops are among the first sights for arriving cruise passengers.The resort includes a centuries-old fortress bearing the name "Bluebeard," after the infamous pirate, and check-in takes place in the former residence of the Danish governor of the island. This tropical paradise is the perfect place for a private getaway as it is set on a secluded hilltop and overlooks the harbor of St. Thomas. Bluebeard's Castle is centrally located in the most desirable part of the island with world class shopping minutes away. With only a short drive from some of the most popular beaches in the Caribbean where you can enjoy boating, scuba diving, snorkeling and windsurfing. The island itself offers a wonderful assortment of duty-free shopping, world-class restaurants (including the top-rated ROOM WITH A VIEW on location!), hot night spots, and a variety of local flavor to satisfy every taste. This resort features history, breathtaking views, and easy access to town. Beaches are literally minutes away so you can visit them all including easy ferry rides to St. John and the British Virgin Islands (Tortola and Virgin Gorda). You will see why owners at the resort are passionate about their units. It is this passion that will once again be the reason that Bluebeard's Castle will become a sought after destination resort. Many lucky RCI members will take advantage of this now! The resort is in the midst of a historic multi-million dollar remodel that will change all that you have heard. The proof is found in our regular maintenance reports as well as our news and picture sections. Also, schedules of on-resort dining are now posted in these reports. Owners are excited about what the future holds and you should be as well. Spread the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bluebeard's Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebeards Castle Charlotte Amalie
- Hotel Bluebeards Castle
- Bluebeards Castle St Thomas
- Bluebeard's Castle Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands