Very good value for facilities.
While some timeshares are in the hospitality business, this one is in the property management business. All on-site food services are leased to outside parties (even the pool bar) and all are very good but that's just coincidental. Even the gift shop is a leased space. So here is a simple example: the gift shop sells postcards but not stamps so they suggested that we buy stamps at the post office. We asked the front desk to mail the postcards for us, which they did so I suggested that they tell the gift shop that they offer this service and the front desk simply replied: "we are not affiliated with the gift shop". The gift shop is right next to the front desk but as property managers, they see no need to coordinate service or add value for guests.
This is just one simple example - I could give more. The point is that the property is well managed but services are not related so you can't even charge a drink by the pool to your room.
The exception here is the amazing bell service. It's very odd but Sharon and her peers run a top shelf bell service. I don't understand how this fits the property management business model but it was a welcome service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bluebeard's Castle is an historic property dating back to the 1600's. The resort occupies an entire hilltop with spectacular views overlooking the harbor and town of Charlotte Amalie. Its signature red rooftops are among the first sights for arriving cruise passengers.The resort includes a centuries-old fortress bearing the name "Bluebeard," after the infamous pirate, and check-in takes place in the former residence of the Danish governor of the island. This tropical paradise is the perfect place for a private getaway as it is set on a secluded hilltop and overlooks the harbor of St. Thomas. Bluebeard's Castle is centrally located in the most desirable part of the island with world class shopping minutes away. With only a short drive from some of the most popular beaches in the Caribbean where you can enjoy boating, scuba diving, snorkeling and windsurfing. The island itself offers a wonderful assortment of duty-free shopping, world-class restaurants (including the top-rated ROOM WITH A VIEW on location!), hot night spots, and a variety of local flavor to satisfy every taste. This resort features history, breathtaking views, and easy access to town. Beaches are literally minutes away so you can visit them all including easy ferry rides to St. John and the British Virgin Islands (Tortola and Virgin Gorda). You will see why owners at the resort are passionate about their units. It is this passion that will once again be the reason that Bluebeard's Castle will become a sought after destination resort. Many lucky RCI members will take advantage of this now! The resort is in the midst of a historic multi-million dollar remodel that will change all that you have heard. The proof is found in our regular maintenance reports as well as our news and picture sections. Also, schedules of on-resort dining are now posted in these reports. Owners are excited about what the future holds and you should be as well. Spread the word. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bluebeard's Castle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluebeards Castle Charlotte Amalie
- Hotel Bluebeards Castle
- Bluebeards Castle St Thomas
- Bluebeard's Castle Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands