“Something Different”

St Thomas Cultural and Historical Sightseeing Tour
$45.00*
St Thomas Shopping, Sightseeing and Beach Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Step streets used by the residents of Charlotte Amalie, these historical 99 steps (the actual count is 103) were built from the ballast bricks of the tall ships coming from the old world, which would then return to Europe loaded with products from the islands.
San Jose, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Something Different”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had to drag my husband here because he didn't want to get away from the beaches but I thought it was well worth it. You climb up 99+3 more steps, which makes it actually 102 and you reach an spectacular view from above! During your climb there is nothing else but flowers and lots of green plants! I enjoyed it but I can't say my husband did :)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Beredia

Raleigh, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“More than 99 Steps...”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

It's very pretty, and definitely 99 steps, or more. So, you get quite a workout. The view from the top is amazing, especially if Cruise Ships are parked in the bay. Don't waste your time on Blackbeard's Castle though. $14 per person just to get inside the gate to snap a picture.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank 0112CMS
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awsome climb up and a pleasant way down”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

It was a challenge to climb the Steps. By mid route you're sweating, but once on Top and challenge comleted, you feel On Top of the World! Going down is really easy, but... Watch your Steps!!!

Visited July 2012
2 Thank CMAS1976
Saint Louis, Missouri
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Historic workout”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

The steps were really picturesque, with lush landscaping all around. My husband and I were feeling a little challenged, so we ran up the steps. I would caution that the steps are uneven, bumpy and rather prone to injuries, so be careful! The view from the top was really pretty, and we counted more than 99 steps.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank savvytravelmom
Swanley, United Kingdom
81 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Very pretty”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stopped our vehicle at the bottom to see the steps from the bottom up! I was taken aback by how pretty it was with all the flowers either side. We were pushed for time but pleased to have seen them.

Visited April 2012