Had 2 rooms for one night since we were staying the week at the Marriott timeshare next door. Booked utilizing points and we arrived at the resort about 1 1/2 hours before check-in. I did not expect the rooms to be ready with a 4 p.m. check-in but was surprised that one of the rooms was ready so we could at least unload our luggage and get the vacation started. The Marriott front desk representative said they were all out of pagers so she would call us when the room was ready. Well at 5:15 p.m. the room was still not ready so a bit of caution to folks traveling in: 4 p.m. check-in means sometime AFTER 4 p.m. So don't expect the room to be ready right at 4. Just be prepared because we heard the same thing here and at the Frenchman's Cove from the Marriott employees.
After check-in we decided to head down for a few cocktails at the bar above the pool and I'd say that is what started the process of not receiving 4 or 5 stars. The bartender was TERRIBLE. She was cranky. Lacked the ability to ask if you needed another drink. Lacked personal skills. She just seemed completely unhappy to be there along with a few other employees who came up behind the bar to do some other things. I saw folks walk up and not even get waited on and eventually leave because she was busy doing other things or failed to even acknowledge them. We brushed this off as the humidity getting to her and maybe have a terrible day. But after an hour there we moved on.
Finally at 5:45 the 2nd room was ready and we received a nice corner room so it was worth the wait.
Dinner that night was also something that kept it from 4 or 5 stars. We ate in the restaurant inside of the Marriott and we were quite confused by the entire process and seating arrangements of bar area food and restaurant area food that are next to each other. Service was slow, food was bland, chicken dish was mostly skin, etc. Service was so bad that we were about to go fetch the water ourselves since we could see the water pitchers. $120 total bill for some of the most bland and terrible food that I've ever had at a Marriott. We even asked our waiter, who lacked paying attention to tables, for some bread and he stated they don't serve bread there but 2 tables next to us, with a different waiter was receiving bread. So we thought maybe our request was lost in translation. So be aware the restaurant (can't recall the name), next to the indoor bar on level 3 is terrible.
The pools were nice. The infinity pool early in the morning was nice as there seemed to be a late arriving crowd. But the pools, beach area near Coco's, etc. were all very nice and no complaints there. Individuals at the Infinity pool bar were great and made up from cranky bartender on day 1. And Coco's has just an amazing view on the water and is a great place for lunch but you can expect the basic Marriott pool/bar menu there.
I will say Marriott made up for the later check-in by allowing us to check out of one room at 1:30 p.m. I did not expect that.
I struggled between giving the resort 3 or 4 stars but went with just Average since this is a full service Marriott and I expect better. I do think the full service Marriott needs to have a word with their employees about attitude. Folks come on vacation to relax and enjoy. Not be around cranky individuals with bad attitudes. I would have stayed at work if I wanted to be around that. But the Marriott Frenchman's Cove employees were all pleasant and happy during our entire stay. So cheer up full service Marriott employees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands