The hotel overall was nice. It was clean and had generally polite staff. The view from our room of the harbor was amazing, particularly at night. Te pools and beach were nicely taken care of and not overly crowded. The managers reception was fun with free drinks and snacks. There were several restaurants on the property, all of which were fairly good.
The main complaints were that it was very noisy at night and it sounded like there was an animal of some sort scratching at our closet all night. Still have no idea was that was... The beds were moderately comfortable. Both my wife and I had a hard time sleeping.
The biggest issue I had was that you were nickel and dimed for everything. You would think the hotel would allow you to take a shuttle to town a mile or so away for free, but it cost quite a bit. All the food was expensive. We ate at the Presto Marketplace to find some bargains for meals ($10 cold meat sandwiches). The marketplace was particularly good for breakfast with great $3 muffins. As long as you realize you are going to be hit with daily hotel fees on top of these expenses it wont come as a shock.
Overall, it was a decent place to stay, but it wouldn't persuade me to come back to St. thomas again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded on three sides by stunning Caribbean ocean views, the Frenchman's Reef Resort combines modern luxury and the unique Virgin Island style of St. Thomas. The hotel features clean, crisp large guest rooms with flat screen 50"TVs. Experience new resort features including an infinity pool, children's splash zone, adult infinity pool with bar; and private spa pool. Our Lazule Sea Spa is now open featuring extensive treatment rooms, salon, state of the art fitness center, and private spa pool with cabanas. Aqua Terra is one of three restaurants at Frenchman's Reef which features spectacular views of the Charlotte Amalie harbor. Our mission is to host you brilliantly... To make your every event and stay with us unforgettable and effortless. Come visit us at Marriott Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Beach Resort and discover the most luxurious vacation destination in the US Virgin Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef & Morning Star Beach Hotel Charlotte Amalie
- Marriott Frenchman`s Reef And Morning Star Beach Resort
- Marriott Charlotte Amalie
- Charlotte Amalie Marriott
- Marriott Frenchmans Reef
- Frenchmans Reef St Thomas
- Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands